Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 22:53   #1876

Boat: Dufour Classic 38
Send a message via Yahoo to cavalier_du_mer
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Thanks Mlle. Zeehag. I joined the group.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:32   #1877
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

yep gotcha--welcome!

now you can go into the group

now you can go into the group and make messages and contacts....place a bio in group and meet folks... have fun!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:59   #1878

Boat: Catalina 42 Mk 2
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailor42

Being A Dinosaur And A "New"Batchelor Again, I'm Not Sure How To Introduce Myself On The Forum. Help Somebody Please, And Have A Glance At My Profile - Sailor42. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:09   #1879

ok sailor--you are in group.
say hi to all around and welcome!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:21   #1880

Boat: Catalina 42 Mk 2
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailor42

Thanks for that. Now where is my Partner and the love of my life for the next exciting passage in life's great game? Therein lies the question!

Cheers,

Richard.
Old 28-12-2014, 07:28   #1881

Boat: Looking for 30-50' preferable a schooner
Send a message via Skype™ to craigglewis

Hello SSSSM Ladies,

Not sure about how much to post here. I'm more of a private individual when it comes to the romancing side of life. So it may be best to PM me, than having an open discussion for the world to see.

Than again maybe you are out there reading and seeing all the comments and shaking your head at some of the posts. I have LOL.

As for me I'm single again, yet had a wonderful life experience. It always good when you can discover more about yourself when out of a relationship.

Well I'm starting the dream. Putting into action my desire to get or find a sail boat and a sail/soulmate to work and travel around the world.

I'm a Jack of Trades guy, so I will use my skills to support the dream. Ex Navy Weapons Tech (Canadian/Australian and have duel citizenship) So I can work on both sides of the world.

I started sailing in Sea Cadets with Tasers and received a comp crew cert in the Royal Australia Navy on a 32 Catalina. I owned a 26' Catalina for a couple of years. Most of my sailing have been days in the local harbours.

Now I'm in the search for a 30'-50' sailboat, schooner would be lovely to sail over the horizon.

It be great to bring my knowledge and help others, communities with sustainability projects, such a alternative energies, aquaponics systems, gardening etc. I'm the type that has to be active or doing something, even thought I feel I don't at times. Just following the universal flow of life.

Be great to have the time for yoga, meditation, massages, and for real connection. I can cook, clean, do most anything when in the right situation or have tool, Sewing, soap and medicinal manufacturing.

I'm a ACUC Open Water Diver, and ST Rescue Diver, and love hiking, camping, the outdoor life.

I have travel a bit over the years, mostly for work and love going to new places. Yet now I want to stay and explore them. Maybe write and or create video blogs of our experiences.

I have several businesses that are basically start-ups. They are seasonal for the most part and can be setup in such a way that it can support a sailing life style. Then again, leaving the warm waters of the South and returning to the cold Norther Canada climate for early spring, don't sound all that inviting. However, it will give us time to see family and friends and possible drum up some business for charter business.

I do have several ideas to support this lifestyle and now is the time to get then in place. One Idea I have, can and should involved other sailors and will support them. Keep an eye out for a post and let't see what we can create.

I'm not going to describe what I'm looking for in a ship/soulmate, for one, I don't want to eliminate or disappoint anyone. Two the characteristics that I like are not always the ones that bring new and exciting things. So for now it's an open book for us to both discovered, like the new lifestyle ahead.

If you are looking for a shipmate to help sail with you, please contact me. Craig
Old 28-12-2014, 10:14   #1882

Boat: on my wish list

Zee ~ finally found the thread to post, as you suggested, prior to being added to the group. I'm a single girl living in the SF Bay area and love to join in on day sails and adventures. Hopeful to fine tune my sailing skills and see myself taking some time off work to see far-off tropical lands. would love to meet a soul-sail mate to share in the journey. I'm 56yo, independent medical consultant with flexibility for time off and working remotely. Looking forward to being part of the group!
Old 29-12-2014, 06:18   #1883

ahaa a cooool finally!!! got ye both.
welcome to our group of folks..
come on out and say hay to the new kids, please!
Old 29-12-2014, 08:44   #1884
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ahaa a cooool finally!!! got ye both.
welcome to our group of folks..
come on out and say hay to the new kids, please!
Hi Kids!

Wipe your feet and stay off the white sofa....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 10-01-2015, 07:26   #1885

Boat: Sold Catalina 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageray View Post
Here's something I found on another group that was written by a woman. It explains pretty well, I think, some of the reasons that it is difficult for a man to find a woman as a sailing partner.

I keep seeing this same type of question asked so Im going to put my foot in here and share some stuff men just do not think about. Women are territorial creatures. Hubby , home hearth and offspring are what is drilled into our heads from that first bottle. If you want a gal to do this you have to get her on your side completely and keep her there. How do you do this? First of all. if she is not a boater start her out gradually. If your sailing let her learn to sail. Someone mentioned put her in charge of the tiller right off the bat. That's good advice. If your hitting her with this out of the blue, your asking her to "abandon" every thing she knows for a world she is absolutely foreign to for a couple of months to a year. Its not like you were talking about a car trip for the week end to Florida. A woman is competent in her own home, Asking her to do this out of the blue is asking her to violate her instincts. you talking putting her in a position where she has major inadequacy issues. It takes her out of her comfort zone and no one likes being in that position.
>
This is true, the boat needs to be the new territory. How to make it such, comfort!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-01-2015, 23:27   #1886

Boat: Buying one

Hello to all you sailor ladies on the SSSSM forum,
I was a bit scared to post on here as I really don't like my heart of hearts displayed on a public forum.
Still trying to purchase a first sail boat and then I would like to run away with the sea circus.
The above may not happen, but the dream keeps me going.
I am single, independent financially, a good navigator, have great seamanship skills, a passable cook and **** engineer. I am as good at engineering as I am at managing money.

I have been at sea all my life starting at age 17 I am currently a deck officer on a bulk carrier, I have worked on ships in some exotic locations and know them well including Madagascar, Mocambique, Irian Jaya, Papua New Guinea, and Myanmar I have also worked the entire coastline of Australia and on days off I have explored remote locations there, in particular North West Australia [Kimberley] which is gods own country.

Because I have been at sea so long I guess I have never grown up, and still believe that no matter how bad things get something always turns up.
I could keep you entertained for ever with some stories I have to tell.

Getting to the heart of the matter, I am looking for a an adventure with sailor girl with a yacht who could dance me to the end of love.

I am looking forward to being part of the SSSM.

Pessa
Old 27-01-2015, 12:16   #1887

welcome, pessa.. it is good to see ye.. check out the social group page and section. you may now add bio and check out the membership. have a great day...
Old 04-02-2015, 12:24   #1888
cruiser

Boat: Kettenburg K40

Found it.......took me a bit. Anywho...hi all. What to put here? Ask? I shall tell

I'm in Port Angeles, learning the area. Came up in August from Wrightwood Ca. after seeing my son married off and bought a Kettenburg.

Livaboard/sailaboard/amaboard.

Been out an about but with the coming spring will be headed up to the Islands to explore. Open to friends, Romans and countrymen, eer persons joining in while I'm here.

To all..enjoy!
Old 04-02-2015, 13:57   #1889

anyone not able to access the social group please request and we will fix.
whoooot
is always funner when there are more friends to play with
Old 01-05-2015, 15:11   #1890

Boat: Catalina 350 - 35 Ft

I hope this works -- I'd like to join the group
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle