Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 16:50   #1966
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

coooool.. gotcha, now you are allowed to go into the heart page for posting a bio and finding other folks...

welcome!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 17:17   #1967
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

So glad to see this thread is still active! I am still looking for that fellow human male to sail with.
I am on land right now while my boat is on the operating table in Mexico. But I plan to be back on board next fall for a season of sailing around the Sea of Cortez. Any likely salty sailor who might want to join me, just say hey! Or you could try to lure me onto your boat instead. Heh, heh.

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 01-08-2015, 17:23   #1968

Boat: Hudson Force 50

Kate,

With a bio like that you should not have any troubles finding a mate. If I were still in California, I would be introducing myself. But I sailed to Hawaii a few years ago and I stay out there these days.

You mentioned 24 hour shifts? EMS? Paramedic? Firefighter? I was in EMS for many years. Now I am an ER nurse. Good luck with your search.

Rene "the Witchdoctor" Steinhauer
Old 01-08-2015, 17:34   #1969

Boat: Catalina 30

Hi Rene,
Thanks for you post! I hope so! Been doing the "traditional sites" with many guys saying "sure would love to sail" in reality ...not so much.. So I thought I would try here.
I am a NP in the NICU, that's why the 24hrs, but it works for me.. Know a lot of EMS and paramedics too. Too bad you are in HI, cause sounds like we have some things in common. In any case, I appreciate the cheerleading!
Old 01-08-2015, 18:00   #1970

Boat: Hudson Force 50

Kate,

Just the other day I was joking with a friend of mine about a dating website for sailors. Looks like this is it. It does sound like we have a few things in common. In the fall, I return as a full time student at Hawaii Pacific University where I am working on my NP. Two more years and I will be more mobile again.

The Witchdoctor
Old 10-08-2015, 15:58   #1971

Ok zeehag, I'm not so bright.. I think I figured it out

Hi, My real name is Tim. I am 46, Divorced and have two kids. I am about to attempt to semi-retire, I have not sailed since I had a 14 ft sailboat as a teenager

I have been planning this for about 4 years now, I know I have little experience... I know I should have taken classes and sailed on other boats but the time has not been there to do that..

I am in Halifax Nova Scotia, looking at buying a catamaran over the winter. My plan is to sail the Caribbean in the winter and come north in the spring, pick up the kids for The summer and eventually sail to Newfoundland to visit family,

I don't smoke or do drugs, I am 6'1 240 lbs.

I would love to join this group and possibly meet some new friends and hopefully someone special who would share my dream..
Old 10-08-2015, 18:12   #1972

ok holden now just accept the invitation i sent ye and yer in. ok.
welcome and once you accept invite ye can go explore the bios in the heart room or what ye wanna callit
ye can even add yer own
Old 17-10-2015, 01:33   #1973

Am looking at you guys posts from 2011. At risk of becoming totally confused I seek some clarification on such cryptographic terms as smb and arrolfo. Have no idea. Would like to get my feet wet but being as I can't walk on water I would appreciate some guidance. I have been by myself for a long time which is probably why I float around the CF when I have some. Just stumbled across this sssssssssssm thing tonight. Last guy I dated recommended himself as 1- having a job. 2-having a car and 3-being single.
I told him 1-I was broke. 2-needed a dentist and 3-had a bad cramp. He bit anyway and we did date for awhile. Should have known he was too desperate.
I have been by myself for along time now. Go figure.
I'd just like to say, after TROLLING around on your forum is
1- pretty scary
2- I like scary
3- I am uneasy about people that are scarier(sp) than me
Which oftentimes means people that read books with words inthem.
If you could help me understand what a lot of these RODOLFOS mean maybe I could get my bearings and be something more than a nuisance.
Please be gentle
But not too much.
All due respect
Bhodeitrue
Also please remember I am still in 2011 and give me some time to catch up.zee baby, sailor chick, and some others: you are becoming my hero's. I also like that guy with the tinfoil hat. Don't tell him. Selah
Old 17-10-2015, 01:38   #1974

Now I have to go all the way back to where I was which was where? Oh yea 2011' if I can't navigate this forum, no chance I can navigate out my front yard.
Obviously a wannabe. But do I really wanna be? That is the question. Keep an eye on me
Especially if all you want is your dishes done
Old 17-10-2015, 02:05   #1975

Ps. Just because I could be your wildest dreams doesn't mean I'm a good one. Like I said, have been by myself for a long time. Extremely 4 legged friendly. Carpenter skills and can read a Chilton manual. If you might be a considering me as know nothing crew, give me some time. Trying to get my home base situated as I am too old now to just take off and not have some place to come home to.
Lovely dove
Bhodeitrue
Old 17-10-2015, 05:03   #1976

bhodeitrue, why not go to the social group site in user cp and send request to join group? the membership requirements are written in the heart paragraph..... that way you get to make a bio and cruise the membership in the group, as well as post here....
Old 17-10-2015, 06:43   #1977
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

bhodeitrue welcome to forhum!!

smb thats me

hi zeezee!
Old 17-10-2015, 08:08   #1978

hay smb!!! hows it all going these days.??
you been quiet.. i hope you are closer to your dreams and happy as a monkey with a mango
as for me, i figgered out most of why i lost my drive over past 4 yrs.. i made a bad mistake and i am rectifying that it as we speak.
life is a lot lighter once dead weight is dropped. now i redistribute the load i carry in boat and ready the ailing mizzen boom ffor travel-- is wood, with a rot spot newly formed at the bale. it i sizeable, prolly from being covered in tropics during many named storms pouring down walls of fresh water which fail to evaporate completely, and parrtially contained within the wood by failing chipping paint.
... and all that good stuff....
each year i find more different kinds of bug eating things residing on board.. is tropics. my favorite new pets are the families of gekkos that seem to love my topsides.... makes me feel better- they only stay if food is around, so i am protected from invaders.
y'all know by now that over the past year i lost my favorite brother, donny ,to death then this year, one year later, dad. has been an experience. now i ready to leave this port despite my amigos here being best in life, and true.
funny how the locals have my back and my cruising friends do not.
ok i am down with that.
readjustmment of vitalities and adjustments of goals, and we hoping to be in mazatlan for a rerun. longer tenure. aiming at....0h, no, ye dont. that is a schedule and i donot play that...
they have a railroad haul yard or three or four i googoo eyed last time there, and reinforced and verified by my family by choice with their schooner, so onward ever upward, i getting ready to get the show on the road yet again
thank gods.
yes i will activate spot.
there is no goal that cannot be attained
Old 17-10-2015, 08:18   #1979

oh, btw, bhodie--didyou find the first thread?? i dont know how many millions pf pages it was but it held some good stuff. we could talk about any and everything, then it was shut down..lol loong story, now we are dribbling in here.. used to be a lot more funner... still have the same characters, for most part,...
Old 17-10-2015, 08:52   #1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
Say, what are the top turnoffs that would scupper a single sailorman's chances of finding a single sailorgal?

No aircon, no hot water, no decent dunny/shower, primitive galley, prolonged excessive heeling (of boat, mainly), rum/water intake proportion out of kilter, consumption of exotic herbage, BO that kills gulls a half mile upwind, less personality than a belaying pin, life-threatening levels of incompetence, not the sharpest tool in the shed, a few sixpacks short of a slab, wanted dead or alive for good reasons, head in the clouds/up throughhull, socially toxic, tinfoil hatter, wombat (eats roots & leaves), wandering eyes and/or hands, Queeg-ism, Bligh-ism, Jim Jones-ism, Jello-man....

No, that wasn't a profile of me (not all of it, anyway)....but I thought I'd kick out a few things that seemed obvious, so that we get to the stuff what the sailin' wimmin really think.
I am sorry. I am only on page 59 of this thread and I've been shyly LMAO in the wings before I chirp off, but I take exception to the comment about the tin foil hat. I like this guy. I am also very 4 legged friendly .even though I have never known any wombats personally, you have kinda rubbed MY fur the wrong way. I wanted to introduce myself in a more ambient kind of way but how can I sleep when you talk of wombats like that? I am upset. Do you think I'll ever find a date? Ps. I really like roots and berries. Don't know as I would exclusively define myself as a sailorgal. I do lots o things. Now you have outed me. Please be gentle.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle