Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2021, 09:37   #2386

Boat: Cartwright 43
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hello, Just retired June of 2020, single, and brought my boat SV Sannyasi to Riviera Beach, FL. Hoping to head out in late April for the Caribbean to start cruising. Sannyasi is a 43' Cartwright Cutter Rigged Sloop and is very comfortable with 2 aboard. Looking for someone who would be interested in cruising and looking for adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sannyasi PSM.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	234148  
Old 08-03-2021, 12:02   #2387
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud.oconnor View Post
Hello, Just retired June of 2020, single, and brought my boat SV Sannyasi to Riviera Beach, FL. Hoping to head out in late April for the Caribbean to start cruising. Sannyasi is a 43' Cartwright Cutter Rigged Sloop and is very comfortable with 2 aboard. Looking for someone who would be interested in cruising and looking for adventure.
nice ride.. welcome . you are now a member.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:49   #2388

Boat: Stamas 44

Greetings all . David here. I am in Palmetto, FL hoping that ELSA is the only threat this season to SV Holokai, a 44' Stamas Ketch. I have recently retired and add solar to Holokai. The plan is to head South in late October or November with the Bahamas calling by December or January. Looking for a soulmate to share the adventure with.
Old 16-07-2021, 14:02   #2389

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35

Greetings,

My name is Mark and I have an Island Packet Yachts, Packet Cat 35. One of 41 catamarans they built. I have been going through every system for the past few years getting ready for a circumnavigation. Leaving from Portland OR USA in September, crossing into Mexico in Nov. During the season in MX the decision on where to go is up to what countries are open. S Pacific is where I'd like but not now. Stay in MX or head to the Caribbean? I'm not in a hurry, this is an adventure. I'm a licensed Captain and taught SCUBA for over 20 years. Boat is setup for diving and has lots of redundancy on key systems and most importantly, it is very well set up for single handed cruising which is important if there's only 2 onboard and one person is unable to help for some reason.
Old 16-07-2021, 16:43   #2390

welcome mark. i think you will find the heart page functional now. you have been accepted.
ok folks so how is your summer coming along,. and for those down unda, how is winter treating ye....
island packets are great cruising choice. sturdy and roomy and sail well in good winds
Old 16-07-2021, 16:49   #2391

azcoyote... regatta pointe, eh,.been there,,is a cool place altho a bit close to the bridge... lovely river the manatee. i was there 2009-2010, intermittently --put 7500 miles on a former friends seidelmann 37. that was an experience hahahahaha
is exactly opposite my formosa 41.
elsa was not so bad??? didnt getto cat 2, and sideswiped ye all as a ts.. lotta rain and a blow dry.
so ye came thru ok?
Old 17-07-2021, 06:52   #2392

Thanks! ELSA was more of a dress rehearsal. The Manatee River is a reasonable place to hide for the hurricane season. I will be heading out in November to the Keys and then the Bahamas.

Hope you are staying safe in MX.
Old 17-07-2021, 08:12   #2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCoyote View Post
Thanks! ELSA was more of a dress rehearsal. The Manatee River is a reasonable place to hide for the hurricane season. I will be heading out in November to the Keys and then the Bahamas.

Hope you are staying safe in MX.
many good places to hide in manatee river i noticed. is a beautiful area. as for keys--didnt do those, just fort jeff.. was pretty and relaxing--except for the drift net we found on our anchor making dragging a real issue. what was cut away i brought backhere hahahaha
Old 17-07-2021, 08:21   #2394

zeehag I was not being specific. I do plan to go to fort jeff. I am not planning to stop at Key West. I have considered spending a pit of time and getting final provisions in Marathon. Any advice about the more specific plan?
Old 17-07-2021, 08:35   #2395

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCoyote View Post
zeehag I was not being specific. I do plan to go to fort jeff. I am not planning to stop at Key West. I have considered spending a pit of time and getting final provisions in Marathon. Any advice about the more specific plan?
sounds good.. have you considered isla mujeres as a detination? and quintana roo? so much beautiful mexio to see and enjoy. but not in summer, as wet is real, so is blow dry from the wet.. blow dryer can get boisterous...
Old 31-07-2021, 14:34   #2396

Boat: 75' steel sutton ketch,Warwick 70' aluminum sloop

Hola Buenas! In Mexico on a beautiful 70' Warwick design aluminum sloop. 50's,, fit,, 8 year old boy at my side. Been in the big boat circles for years.. Always working on a boat project. Raising my boy is my biggest priority and teaching him how to be a good,capable man is my goal. He has been in school here since he was three and now we are online with all this Covid closure nonsense. In this world, finding a girl who wants to take on the responsibility of raising a little guy is like hunting Unicorns. Wish us luck!!
Old 31-07-2021, 15:39   #2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v michaela View Post
Hola Buenas! In Mexico on a beautiful 70' Warwick design aluminum sloop. 50's,, fit,, 8 year old boy at my side. Been in the big boat circles for years.. Always working on a boat project. Raising my boy is my biggest priority and teaching him how to be a good,capable man is my goal. He has been in school here since he was three and now we are online with all this Covid closure nonsense. In this world, finding a girl who wants to take on the responsibility of raising a little guy is like hunting Unicorns. Wish us luck!!
yes now i remember you better..
welcome to ssssm , and now you can access the main group page
best of luck with the projects and your search. keep me posted with progress please.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:05   #2398

ok so the facts of life are that we need to vet very carefully our potential mates and choices.. not all work out to our advantage.
life holds a convoluted path for each and all of us. sometimes that path is dark and stormy. sometimes itis a beautiful tropical vacation.
it is ours to make sure we are each able to make our choices to the best of our ability and for the good of our emotional and physiological beings.
happy august to all of you. enjoy what nature brings this month as all months and donot forget to laugh.

afterthought--as MARRIED folks keep requesting membership, please please watch in case i make error in membership choices.. i try to get all of the married and relationship involved souls and bots out of here but they manage to find a way into the requesting phase.

happy august.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:44   #2399

Boat: 75' steel sutton ketch,Warwick 70' aluminum sloop

Ahh so true Zee..
Be very very careful and never rush into a new partnership especially on boats. We all face consequences of our actions, so take it slow and be sure who you invite into your life!
Old 06-08-2021, 07:26   #2400

Boat: VIA Marine 42

Requesting membership. Single guy on the gravel in VA.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle