Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2009, 06:53   #16

Boat: Voyage 470 "SeaPaws II"
The other owner may have something to say about that, My Wife(CEO,Chief Everything Officer). But I would be willing to wager a nice cold refreshment or two when we meet up one of these fine days. ;>) Or I'll pay your way into the Power Boat show here in Annapolis and go to it with you and buy lunch. If I win you buy lunch and my ticket to the Sailboat show. If you have never been to Annapolis for the boat shows it is worth the trip. Just to let you know the previous owner of our boat is a Steeler fan, he lives somewhere up there in Pittsburgh

Chester
C.King (SeaKing)

Oh Yeah, are you offering the points........nah, I'll take it straight up
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 08:39   #17

Boat: 1989 Carver Santego 3067 - BADFISH
Send a message via AIM to BadFish
Haha, this ain't Vegas, no points here

Sounds like a plan though, I'll be back and forth through Maryland a few times this summer.

Cheers

Bill
Old 29-01-2009, 14:08   #18

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Or I'll pay your way into the Power Boat show here in Annapolis
Those who would go to sea for fun, would go to that show for a pastime!

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 08:29   #19

Gotta be a Steelers and Polamalu fan. He's the best safety in the league IMHO. Pittsburgh, like the steel hulled boats, are able to bend without breaking. They are as deep as the Marinas trench defensively. The Cardinals, on the other hand are just brightly colored seagulls. If I were fond of aerial originated whitewash on the poop deck I'd be a Cardinals fan. I like the fact that there's been no trash talking this year. Polamalu, being from Samoa (Pago Pago, etc) is as humble as a dingy skipper staring down a rogue wave. The squall known as the Steelers defense will dismast the boys from the Grand Canyon state. Ya just can not go sailing on the Colorado river.

Bill Burgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 09:20   #20
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Burgette View Post
Gotta be a Steelers and Polamalu fan. He's the best safety in the league IMHO. Pittsburgh, like the steel hulled boats, are able to bend without breaking. They are as deep as the Marinas trench defensively. The Cardinals, on the other hand are just brightly colored seagulls. If I were fond of aerial originated whitewash on the poop deck I'd be a Cardinals fan. I like the fact that there's been no trash talking this year. Polamalu, being from Samoa (Pago Pago, etc) is as humble as a dingy skipper staring down a rogue wave. The squall known as the Steelers defense will dismast the boys from the Grand Canyon state. Ya just can not go sailing on the Colorado river.
Very nice effort, Bill. Just a couple of minor items: It's the Mariana Trench, not Marinas Trench, and Polamalu was actually born in Garden Grove, California and graduated from high school in Oregon before attending SC, but he's certainly of Samoan extraction. And you're right, he is the humblest, nicest person - once he steps off the gridiron.

He may well be the best safety in the NFL, but you can't overlook Ed Reed at Baltimore and Bob Sanders at Indianapolis. If a team was desperate for help at free safety, and all three were available, a good case could be made for any one of them. Reed is a couple of years older than the other two, but a safety can have a long NFL career.

You're right about the difficulty of sailing on the Colorado, but in a couple of places where it's been dammed - Lake Powell behind Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Mead behind Hoover Dam - sailing is both possible and interesting. It can even be demanding, on occasion, when the wind really pipes up.

TaoJones
Old 30-01-2009, 10:00   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Burgette View Post
Bill,
Good job in keeping with the theme of relating football to boats.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 10:03   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
The other owner may have something to say about that, My Wife(CEO,Chief Everything Officer). But I would be willing to wager a nice cold refreshment or two when we meet up one of these fine days. ;>) Or I'll pay your way into the Power Boat show here in Annapolis and go to it with you and buy lunch. If I win you buy lunch and my ticket to the Sailboat show. If you have never been to Annapolis for the boat shows it is worth the trip. Just to let you know the previous owner of our boat is a Steeler fan, he lives somewhere up there in Pittsburgh

Chester
C.King (SeaKing)

Oh Yeah, are you offering the points........nah, I'll take it straight up
I flew all the way across the US to see that show! Well ok, to see the Naval Academy and Washington DC as well. The Fall is a great time of the year to see the show...almost as good as California weather.

Old 30-01-2009, 10:51   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
I flew all the way across the US to see that show! Well ok, to see the Naval Academy and Washington DC as well. The Fall is a great time of the year to see the show...almost as good as California weather.

I remember trying to call your number a couple of times on Saturday while I was at the show. I didn't get an answer. Sure was nice weather for your trip. sorry we couldn't hook up.
Old 31-01-2009, 12:14   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Sorry, I don't know what happened. Sorry we missed each other. It would have been fun to go kick some tires with a fellow forum member.

Old 01-02-2009, 21:56   #25

YEA STEELERS!!!!

Cheers

Bill
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
YEA STEELERS!!!!

Cheers

Bill
I guess I owe ya a SiX Pack for the Sixth SB win!, Will you be down in the bay with your boat this season or just driving into Maryland sometime.

It was a good game, the Steelers looked to have control after the 100 yard Interception return then coming out in the third quarter and shutting down the red birds. But then it turned into quite a game in the fourth quarter, very enjoyable. I was very disappointed with Harrison on his unsportsman like conduct penalty, where he continually beat/hit an offensive player after the whistle in the third quarter. It helped the Cards with the penalty but it took away from Harrison's big return moment in my opinion. When that play (interception) is mentioned from now on, I will think of his unsportsman like play not his return.

Congratulations, and I look forward to getting you those cold beverages!

Chester
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24   #27

Quote:
Congratulations, and I look forward to getting you those cold beverages!
Thanks Chester, I look forward to consuming those beverages. I'll be driving through a few times this summer on my way back and forth from the shore. I'm definitely gonna try to make it for the show.

Cheers

Bill
Old 02-02-2009, 11:51   #28

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Great game and we almost had you...wasn't quite the cake walk some thought it was going to be..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:04   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
wasn't quite the cake walk some thought it was going to be..
Not at all, what a great and exciting game.

The streets of Pittsburgh were absolutely insane post-game last night.

Cheers

Bill