Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2015, 07:55   #496

Re: The Mallorca Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
Good one SM!

Did you get Pam to the a/c on time Ken? Are you back to lazing around an anchorage, slumming on CF?
Hey there,
How is the gang on PC doing these days. We hadn't been home in 2-1/2 years so we have been in Vancouver for the last 2 months but we are leaving in a couple of days heading back to the boat in Grenada.
Hate to admit that after all those years of flying I've never been to Oshkosh so we are thinking that we will return next year and dust off the old Pacer and head down there doing the camping under the wing thing...have you guys ever been there???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pacer3 email.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	106408  
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 14:57   #497
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Thinking that I am just going to stick to all things Med and let the fighters defend their own ideals on the forums. Things have changed a lot in the last few months and Im not sure that CF is benefiting from a more hands off approach. Never mind, time will sort the direction to go.

Look like I will be in Spain prob Barcelona and Seville in November December so might overwinter for a while in Palma.........

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 14:58   #498
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Hey there,
How is the gang on PC doing these days. We hadn't been home in 2-1/2 years so we have been in Vancouver for the last 2 months but we are leaving in a couple of days heading back to the boat in Grenada.
Hate to admit that after all those years of flying I've never been to Oshkosh so we are thinking that we will return next year and dust off the old Pacer and head down there doing the camping under the wing thing...have you guys ever been there???
I have been twice in years past.
Saw lots of things I could not afford. Lots of plane I had no interest in and had a great time.
Old 31-07-2015, 15:23   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
I have been twice in years past.
Saw lots of things I could not afford. Lots of plane I had no interest in and had a great time.
Did you travel from Europe or were you living in the USA at the time? I'm almost ashamed to admit I have never been there as flying was so important to me for so many years. Seems I am never able to do too many things at the same time as I really focus on stuff.
Old 31-07-2015, 15:24   #500

Boat: Jeanneau SO 43 DS

I never had an interest in Oshkosh as it was EAA, plus I'm not a sleep-under-the-wing kinda girl. (My idea of roughing it is cheap scotch in the Hilton.) Now of course Oshkosh is a lot bigger & all-encompassing. A friend went this year & I saw all the pics. I did do the CAF airshow in Harlingen, TX--twice--and really loved the heavy iron & pistons there.

So, did you get the new engine installed in MM, and were you happy with the outcome? Last we heard you were hanging out waiting for delivery. I hear you've had a pretty nice summer in YVR. Here, it appears we're still on Mother Nature's sh*t list so will be happy to get back to Palma in Sep. Where will you go from Grenada?

Gary, we'll be around Palma from mid Sep to almost the end of Oct so start your wintering in Palma a few days early & we'll catch up in person.
Prairie Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 15:35   #501
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Did you travel from Europe or were you living in the USA at the time? I'm almost ashamed to admit I have never been there as flying was so important to me for so many years. Seems I am never able to do too many things at the same time as I really focus on stuff.
Quote:
I never had an interest in Oshkosh as it was EAA, plus I'm not a sleep-under-the-wing kinda girl. (My idea of roughing it is cheap scotch in the Hilton.) Now of course Oshkosh is a lot bigger & all-encompassing. A friend went this year & I saw all the pics. I did do the CAF airshow in Harlingen, TX--twice--and really loved the heavy iron & pistons there.

So, did you get the new engine installed in MM, and were you happy with the outcome? Last we heard you were hanging out waiting for delivery. I hear you've had a pretty nice summer in YVR. Here, it appears we're still on Mother Nature's sh*t list so will be happy to get back to Palma in Sep. Where will you go from Grenada?

Gary, we'll be around Palma from mid Sep to almost the end of Oct so start your wintering in Palma a few days early & we'll catch up in person.
I traveled once from Europe and once from California.

I hope that I might get chance to be in Mallorca earlier....... we will see.
Old 31-07-2015, 15:39   #502

Quote:

You are a funny person!! Carla sits nodding her head in agreement with cheap scotch in the Hilton, lol. Ya I wasn't in to homebuilts back then either but nowadays they seem to be leading the charge with innovation plus as you say there is so much more. I have to say that in all the years we have lived in Vancouver we have never had a summer like this, you'd think you were in Phoenix. Well the El Nino effects push that permanent pacific high further north and blocks the normal lows from coming through, got to love it even though its as rare as hens teeth. Yes we finally got a new diesel and it is working perfectly but our new Flexofold prop is the wrong pitch so we are working on that. Wallet is lighter of course but we are happy campers again. Sorry to hear about your weather but I'm sure it will come around. Jeez not sure where we are going from Grenada, think a trip over to Trinidad is in the cards and then after hurricane season is over we are either heading for Cuba or we are going to Panama...still talking about it. Have a great season. Cheers, R&C
Old 31-07-2015, 15:42   #503

Quote:
I traveled once from Europe and once from California.

I hope that I might get chance to be in Mallorca earlier....... we will see.
Man if you traveled that far you must be into aviation...you fly??
Old 31-07-2015, 15:44   #504
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Man if you traveled that far you must be into aviation...you fly??
I have had a licence for 44 years.
Old 31-07-2015, 15:48   #505

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

Quote:
I have had a licence for 44 years.

Was that a license to fly, or (similar to Mr. Bond) a license to pill?

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 16:08   #506
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I got my licence on my 16th birthday.

My dad was not impressed. He hated small planes. My mother on the other hand worked out routes to major shopping areas. It was a disappointement to her that I could not land in the car parks. Both since checked in their earthly cards but it makes me smile when I think of the conversations.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:34   #507

Quote:
I got my licence on my 16th birthday.

My dad was not impressed. He hated small planes. My mother on the other hand worked out routes to major shopping areas. It was a disappointement to her that I could not land in the car parks. Both since checked in their earthly cards but it makes me smile when I think of the conversations.

Cool! Do you still do a little flying now and then?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41   #508
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Cool! Do you still do a little flying now and then?
I usually manage to keep up yearly hours but the interest is waning. A different rental aircraft every time doesnt give time to bond........ for the cost in europe now for an hour or two, Id rather be doing something else.

It was always boats and planes....... now its more boats. I see aircraft as transport and boats as home from home.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:11   #509

Quote:
I usually manage to keep up yearly hours but the interest is waning. A different rental aircraft every time doesnt give time to bond........ for the cost in europe now for an hour or two, Id rather be doing something else.

It was always boats and planes....... now its more boats. I see aircraft as transport and boats as home from home.
Yes in some ways parallel lives. I've been at it for 50 years and owned over 30 aircraft in that time, sort of an aviation prostitute I guess. Like you my interest waned especially after taking up sailing 30 years ago but I hung in there for years after. Very little flying for the last 20 years while I was doing so much sailing but then my wife took up flying so decided to get back in at it. We still keep a little aircraft although the cost of it just sitting there plus the hangar etc. for the last 3 years knowing we will be out there for who knows how long I'm starting to think of selling it.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:16   #510
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Yes in some ways parallel lives. I've been at it for 50 years and owned over 30 aircraft in that time, sort of an aviation prostitute I guess. Like you my interest waned especially after taking up sailing 30 years ago but I hung in there for years after. Very little flying for the last 20 years while I was doing so much sailing but then my wife took up flying so decided to get back in at it. We still keep a little aircraft although the cost of it just sitting there plus the hangar etc. for the last 3 years knowing we will be out there for who knows how long I'm starting to think of selling it.
Ive never owned an aircraft outright. Always had shares in them. I have had a couple of microlights that were mine and that was fun.........

Friends have Cirrus and Piaggio Avanti, both out of my league financially but great fun to hop a ride.

I dont mind moving on, I thought I would miss it but I dont think I will.