Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average. Display Modes
Old 05-05-2020, 11:34   #10156

Re: The New Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
I think he's doing it wrong. Take a wild guess what his wife is saying in the passenger seat.

"I think I'm going to be late for the beauty salon ?"
Old 05-05-2020, 11:44   #10157

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbdyiam2 View Post
"I think I'm going to be late for the beauty salon ?"
You really are an optimist, aren't you?

I was thinking more like, "You will never stop and ask for directions, will you?" "Why don't you ever listen to me?" and the perennial "I swear to God I can't figure out why I married you!" Sprinkle in a dozen expletives or so, and there you have it.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:51   #10158

His theory on inertia never seemed to gain momentum.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:56   #10159

When you dream in color, is it a pigment of your imagination?
Old 05-05-2020, 12:09   #10160

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
You really are an optimist, aren't you?

I was thinking more like, "You will never stop and ask for directions, will you?" "Why don't you ever listen to me?" and the perennial "I swear to God I can't figure out why I married you!" Sprinkle in a dozen expletives or so, and there you have it.
my wife would never blame me for anything. She would worry about trivial things ---to me. Also kids in back seat would ask "are we there yet?"
Old 05-05-2020, 12:16   #10161

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbdyiam2 View Post
my wife would never blame me for anything. She would worry about trivial things ---to me. Also kids in back seat would ask "are we there yet?"
I once asked a buddy of mine who made the decisions between the two of them. He said, "My wife and I split the decisions between both of us. She handles all of the small decisions, I make all of the big decisions. According to her, we haven't had to make any big decisions yet."
Old 05-05-2020, 12:22   #10162

Math was never this fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2386674_0.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	214440  
Old 05-05-2020, 12:31   #10163

A remark to direct for those that take away enjoyment.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2020, 12:52   #10164

A long time ago (about 22 yrs ago), I took a GF to HI for a nice week long vacation. One of the places I took her was a hike up to Sacred Falls. I had a nice waterproof camera and since she wanted to take pics, I let her carry it.

We started on the trail and about halfway up, it started to rain. I told her we needed to walk a little faster so we could get in and out before a potential flash flood hit the narrow canyon. We continued and the rain kept on increasing in intensity. We got to Sacred Falls and the falls were pouring a lot more water than I'd ever seen before, so I told her we needed to get a move on in a couple of minutes.

As we were about halfway back down the trail, the stream had gotten a lot deeper and more treacherous. Where it had been a mellow stream 1 ft deep, now it was rushing pretty fast and nearly 4 ft deep. Suddenly she slipped off a log and landed in the water. She freaked out and I instinctively grabbed her forearm and scooped her out and back onto the bank.

She started crying and getting all emotional and thanking me for saving her life and how much she loved me and etc. etc. I was a little embarrassed by her emotional outburst so I joked, "I couldn't let you disappear with my waterproof camera." As usual, that was the absolute wrong thing to say. She didn't see the humor in it, at all. Not even a little bit.

"You farkin' arsehole!!! You couldn't admit that you love me? All you cared about was your stupid farkin' camera?? You don't give a crap about me, do you? Why did I even come up here to this death trap flash flood canyon with you anyways!!"

Oh my God! I just wanted her to stop yelling, so I told her I loved her, I didn't give a crap about the camera, I was only joking because I was uncomfortable with the emotions, etc. She finally forgave me after a nice dinner and some seriously hard headboard bashing. That seemed to release a lot of her anger.

About a month later, we saw a news story that there had been a flash flood and some people died up there and it's been closed ever since. About 2 months after that, we downgraded our relationship to "friends with benefits" and I took her to HI again a few yrs later and then to LA when I worked on the BP oil spill in 2010. She still loved smashing the headboard, but at least she stopped using the "L" word. She jokingly called me "boyfriend #274."

In 2018 I ran into her again and she introduced me to "boyfriend #355." She then proceeded to embarrass me by telling him about the fun trip to Sacred Falls where I saved her life, except this time she thought the camera wisecrack was funny and she left out all of the crazy stuff she said right after the incident. This time, I kept my stupid mouth shut and just smiled and laughed.

I'll let #355 figure her out on his own!
Old 05-05-2020, 12:54   #10165

Every boat needs a good goat story.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	animal-puns-15-1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	214445  
Old 05-05-2020, 13:17   #10166

Boat: Sold, alas, because life happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Every boat needs a good goat story.
There's a CF member named Goat who posts sporadically. He'd gone silent for awhile and another CF member started asking if anybody might have bumped into the Goat.

So I posted that he was well, hanging out at the beach, and getting along fine with the ladies.

Guy demanded "pictures or it didn't happen".

So I posted the below image.

I think it was around that time that somebody evaluated my routine contributions and gently directed me towards the joke thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	goat surfing.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	214448  
Old 05-05-2020, 13:17   #10167

Boat: Hunter Marine 38

”smashing the headboard“ an additional expression for my english vocabulary
Old 05-05-2020, 21:50   #10168

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmariane View Post
There's a CF member named Goat who posts sporadically. He'd gone silent for awhile and another CF member started asking if anybody might have bumped into the Goat.

So I posted that he was well, hanging out at the beach, and getting along fine with the ladies.

Guy demanded "pictures or it didn't happen".

So I posted the below image.

I think it was around that time that somebody evaluated my routine contributions and gently directed me towards the joke thread.

We've been evaluating your joke contributions.

We're strongly directing you to the anchor thread.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:13   #10169

Old 06-05-2020, 02:15   #10170

I'm pretty sure this one's gonna bite him in the ass...

Closed Thread

Tags
boat