Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 13:18   #196

Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Congrats Greg! I can't wait until I can once again have that "holy crap I lost HOW much weight?!?!" feeling again myself. Well done!
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 13:30   #197

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Just remember folks its all about lifestyle and not about diet. You have to find a lifestyle that incorporates healthy exercise and healthy eating and that fits you. I found that I had to adjust what I ate gradually and I got into an exercise regime that suits me, gradually. I am at a point where I am making another adjustment in my food intake and am feeling good.

I ran into a friend I haven't seen in about 7 years and he was totally blown away at how trim I am, compared to how I was back then.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 13:33   #198

Well done DeepFrz! You should be proud of yourself.
The stumbling block for me is not being able to go low carb. That is what worked previously and what kept the weight off for all those years. I'm fiddling with my caloric intake to try to get a handle on what works but it still enough for my body to do what it needs to do. Its a bit of an experiment just now.
Old 12-09-2010, 15:49   #199
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
only way i have ever been able to successfully lose weight was not to call it a diet---and to increase my activity level by at least thrice-- and i never weigh-- weighing is to me a sure way of failing.... weight sometimes doesnt change on diets and folks lose interest when no instant gratification happens. i judge by clothing size.i dont care what i weigh--as long as my clothing fits. i will be heavier when in goo dshape than when i am not in good shape--muscle mass weighs more than fat. that is why there is no change in the weight despite the changes your body undergoes.

for those f ye who are doing good--congratulations--i have lost 2 sizes since coming home in may. i still have 2 to go.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 14:27   #200

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks Mimsy, but I am still a work in progress. Might be perfect by the time I hit 90, but I doubt it.

Way to go Zee.
Old 18-09-2010, 16:48   #201
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

New identity.... Another fresh start....

Hey there, it's meeeeee!!!

First - Well done, and thank you to all you who are making it work. You are my inspiration, which was my plan.

Second - My scales are still stuck, I'm thinking of tossing them.

Third - I'm on hormone treatment. I think that's why my scales have broken even though I've been really good.

Fourth - I haven't been around cos I went to a meditation weekend last weekend, and got chilled out, plus I started a Masters Degree, so I've had to cut back on internet dossing time.

Fifth - If you're interested, I changed my identity when I realised all my accounts / blogs / forums have different usernames. I realised that when I couldn't get back onto a fertility forum when I restarted the treatment last week. The name is a bit weird - I had to make a word up, but it seems to be free on them all!

Sixth - Hi Mimsy... WELCOME!!! Give us good news!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 16:57   #202

I'm down a half pounds this week, I'll take it!
Saucy, hormone treatement will definitely make it harder. I'm currently nursing our almost 5 month old and our CNM advised that due to repressed hormone levels, I should expect a slower weight loss. It makes sense that this would slow things down for you. Hang in there!
Old 18-09-2010, 16:59   #203
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Right. I just whizzed back to post 1. It was over two months ago that I started this thread, and in that time I have lost 2kg.... That's NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Shout at me, somebody, pleeeeeease. Shame me into behaving myself!
Old 18-09-2010, 18:47   #204

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ain't nothin wrong with 2 kilo. loss. Keep on keepin on.
Old 21-09-2010, 10:51   #205

Boat: Leopard Catamaran
2kg loss is MUCH better than a 10Kg gain. It took your whole life to gain this much weight, it may take a little while to lose it. Better than focusing on short term how many pounds did I lose? Focus on a healthy life style. Get involved in a vigorous sport, swimming snorkeling, volleyball etc. Practice it daily, or do a workout that will help in that sport. I.E. Running to improve swimming endurance, etc. Eat small healthy portions of foods you like, (if that food is pizza, or spaggetti, you may need to get a new favorite . Eat fruit for breakfast, snack on fruit or nuts, ( I can't stand plain carrots or celery). Eat ONLY whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice, etc. (the white grains have too much calories and too little nutrition, as they are missing vital nutrients needed to properly metabilize them they cause weight gain.) Cook vegetables and whole grains in an apetizing manner, no one likes living off of cardboard, or "DIET" food. Eat fish instead of pork, or beef. And most important enjoy life, if rigerous dieting makes you miserable you will fail. Bad habits got you here, good habits will get you out.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2010, 13:32   #206
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Another half pound bites the dust...

Title says it all! Slow but sure.
Old 13-12-2010, 17:02   #207

Boat: Leopard Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy Sailoress View Post
Hm. Weigh in day. Interest has slowed and so has my weight loss, sadly. The scales show absolutely no change, despite my strict fasting regime of rice and popcorn....
Rice and popcorn are both empty carbs, try eating something whole grain. Your body needs the nutrients to break down the fat, otherwise you just lose energy and feel hungry. The hunger isn't neccessarily because you need more carbs, but because you don't have the vitamins needed to burn them. So your body asks for more food hoping there is some vitamins in there somewhere, but no,... just more starch.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 02:08   #208

Quote:
Right. I just whizzed back to post 1. It was over two months ago that I started this thread, and in that time I have lost 2kg.... That's NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Shout at me, somebody, pleeeeeease. Shame me into behaving myself!
OK - would you rather have put 2kg on? If you lose 2kg every 2 months that's 12kg a year and that is not an insignificant loss. In any case you are best losing it very slowly.

I'll have to confess that I have not weighed myself for several months so I've no idea what my weight is at this point, but my belt wants to be half a notch tighter - it's too loose were it is and one notch up is just too tight.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 02:33   #209
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_billl View Post
Rice and popcorn are both empty carbs, try eating something whole grain..
Without looking at your profile, I'm gonna guess you're from over the pond. Had you been British, you would probably have detected the note of sarcasm

Hey Pilot, how are you doing? Nice to hear from you again.
Old 14-12-2010, 02:47   #210

Quote:
Hey Pilot, how are you doing? Nice to hear from you again.
Doing fine Kate, but I think you took the good weather with you when you left. Work is keeping me busy and with Xmas looming I should be piling on the pounds with gay abandon.

I had a good talk with SWMBO after my little jaunt down to the yacht club and we will both go down there in the new year (probably Feb/Mar) and see what they have to offer. It's a hell of lot closer than Conwy which is where we were thinking of going.

Regards to Marc!
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote