Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2011, 16:09   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy Sailoress View Post
...., getting married, honeymoon, a......
Hmmmm - it seems that congratulations are in order.

Congratulations to you both.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 05:44   #227

Boat: 1978 44 foot Camper & Nicholsons Ketch
Congratulations Saucy on your marriage! I hope you had a great time on your Honeymoon!

This losing weight business is NOT easy. I did so well last week, then went to the boat and did not have refrigeration. We ate out and I only was able to go for a brisk hike once, and yes, every last one of those four lbs. is back! Drat! Of course, the beer, glass of wine, 1/2 piece of key lime pie, and pizza had nothing to do w/ this. I was running a little experiment to see if turning up my metabolic rate through exercise could essentially burn this bad food off...well, the answer was no...so back to the drawing board...I also was away from the internet and not entering my caloric intake online...argh!
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 05:53   #228

I blame the eating out - most places that you can eat out at are anything but good for you. Microwave meals / TV dinners are even worse. I lost a stone and a half about 10 years ago just by stopping them and cooking everything myself.

Nothing wrong with beer as long as it's properly chilled and not Belgian. I'll drink German, Danish, Australian or even French beer, but not Belgian....
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 06:12   #229

Ah, see minty that is where I went wrong...it was a belgian want to be! ;0)
Old 18-01-2011, 06:12   #230
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Congratulations Saucy.... may your bed always be rumpled and your smile never fade....

H/H.... for those late nite tv snacks try some home made dips with carrot and celery sticks.... this does not mean you've got to eat it all in one go by the way....

Guacamole
2 Avocados
1 small tub Greek Yoghurt
dash chilli powder,
juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt/pepper to taste
Mash it all together and chill in fridge

Greek Avacado Dip
Ingredients
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 roma (plum) tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions Mash together the avocado, garlic, and lime juice in a bowl until nearly smooth. Fold in the diced tomato and feta cheese.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 06:23   #231

Thanks for the recipe Boatman! Sounds lovely!

I really do LIKE to eat good for me food. I am not a fast food junky and am finding I cannot stand eating out. My issue was lack of refrigeration, no water on board to do dishes this w/e, and my general laziness to not want to have to deal with our heavy, but portable food cooler...I am growing weary of the back and forth six hours of driving each weekend, and having to keep track of food and create yet one more layer of awareness to our trips to the boat...BUT, if I want to lose this weight I better get with the program and create some solutions.

I think too, I had geared up my metabolism, and I was HUNGRY. So we went out and I ate the wrong things.

There are many things that one can make that don't require refrigeration. Such as, for lunch last week I had 2 TBSP of peanut butter on an apple with some Cheerios...it was great!

I will try the Guac and Greek Avocado Dip boatman...They sound quite tasty!
Old 19-01-2011, 01:16   #232
cruiser

me so fat?

i like lean cuisine frozen dinners with rice,,not too high in sodium,low in calories and taste great,,however if freezer space is at a premium anything with low-sodium canned tuna is great on whole wheat crackers,,also as a sidebar lose the high calorie beer and go to whiskey and bottled water,,or scotch/soda as weigh less in calories and much easier on the body to digest a few drinks than 6-8 bottles if beer,,also easier on the wear and tear of the toilet motors if onboard,,mai-tais are also great as well as singapore slings if you like citrus juice,,secret is low calorie foods and not no food,,why feel hungery and suffer yourself a luxury,,green /red peppers simply dipped in low cal dressing{under 5cal per tablespoon] is great snack,,avoid shrimp and other high cholestrol/calorie dips if weight conscous,,processed foods are generally no-good for you such as spam/bolagna/canned ham etc so i avoid,,even canned tomatoes are high in sodium,,potassium should also be avoided as well as aluminum which is found in coffee/tea whiteners and alot of canned food,,study the labels and its surprising,,who wants alzheimers from injesting aluminum from food .cans,etc,,,one of my relatives is a dietician and i could go on but y bother here? just remember the basics and you will be ok even if your lifestyle is sedantary,,low caloric input is the key,,dont even buy butter/milk...take a 1000mg calcium pill and write cheese etc right-off your diet and your doctor will think you wise,,potato chips are also total garbage so dont even go down that aisle in a store{notice some stores have a complete aisle of total junk food nowadays?},,who cares what the price is,,want to buy clogged arteries and heart disease? ,,red wine is good in moderation and red rice yeast in high mgs is a natural statin to reduce high cholestrol if that is a concern,,scientists have studied the long life spans of apparantly sedantary japanese men and determined that their primarary diet of rice and fish high in omega3-6-9 is probably a contributing factor however i feel no stress also is key to long life but the old slogan in north america that there are no old fat people is also true and one just has to take a sobering look around any city to realize the treuth to this slogan,,weight loss=more years on this earth,,cheers
pullord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 10:23   #233
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
i make soups and foods with not many calories-- many veggies and lots of cooking time for flavor.....in summer i eat what i can find in markets for less--- in many mexican markets, avocados are 2 for dollar in price--- barrio markets rock!!! phillipino town is next on my shopping adventures.......
i used to like lean cuisine for work lunches when i lived in a house/apartment and commuted to work ... good stuff, fast and easy. now, sans fridge, i eat home cookin'.
i find easier to lose weight if i convince my bod that weight isnt needed-- then i can lose it faster and easier.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 14:46   #234
cruiser

caloric intake

yea your5 for real.. love you
Old 20-01-2011, 14:54   #235
cruiser

yea 20 guys /victims on shore

domnt really matter if i want to uaer these chicks to smoke yopur ass,,,yea repeat after mer,,akn tichrisyt back off,,antichrist back off,,off ten,,u bet,.,i ntook,,f off
Old 20-01-2011, 15:02   #236

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen
Translation? :" Lots of empty calories in alcohol ? "
Old 21-01-2011, 17:36   #237
cruiser

yes,yea,absolutely

you will lose weight on an alcohol diet but a voice in my mind made me google the four stages of liver cancer,,what i read reminded me of a statement i heard in the media that alcohol destroys every major organ of the human body or was it smoking,,interesting how most doctors only tell you once that you should quit smoking so i suppose if they say the same thing more than once they care,,i quit about 6 months ago but quitting the alcohol is more difficult,,translation is i must ot really want to quit and a change of enviroment to where alcohol is not so prevelant should hopefully do the trick,,that enviroment is probably the middle-east,far-north,middle of ocean or someplace alcohol is not available easily,was i a man possessed by the demon rum? yes,,i once got so loaded drinking rum at a street fest in st.lucia that i did not recall much of the night the next day including motoring the dingy and climbing aboard an anchored boat,,my lady at the time said i was polite and talking softly with her but to this day i dont recall,,sadly those alcohol induced memory lapses have become more frequent so i must abstain,,wish i knew how to erase some of what ive typed
Old 22-01-2011, 08:40   #238

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen
Pullord, I would not worry about not being able to delete posts.
Just like in life there is always another blank page, just like there is another day and people only have capacity for one day at a time, they just don't realise it. And people who page back for evidence usually are not that beneficial to know anyway.
Old 27-01-2011, 11:59   #239

Boat: Riviera 35
Weightloss: The easy way:

In the Artic, out on the ice the Eskimos have to eat fat and blubber, or they would lose weight at an alarming rate.

So, why not a Cruisers rally to the Artic? Eat what you like as long as it isnt fat.
A reasonable person, accepts the Status Quo. An unreasonable person, wants to change it. All progress is therefore made by unreasonable people. Me, I'm just apathetic about the status quo. I think we want it back.
MoonlightShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 12:42   #240
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adax View Post
And people who page back for evidence usually are not that beneficial to know anyway.
Thats me screwed then....

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote