Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 11:59   #4051

Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
1. The Environmentalists demanded smaller cars...we got them...and thousands of Americans die each year because of them. But those deaths are an acceptable sacrifice to Gia.

Horseshit. The oil crisis got you the choice of smaller cars and better mileage. (and no-one forced you to buy them. The free market, remember?) The EPA made you get the lead out and stick a cat converter on. Who has that killed?

Have you repealed the 2nd Amendment because of all the needless gun deaths? Didn't think so. "These deaths are an acceptable sacrifice for freedom and liberty etc etc. " Same logic.

2. DDT Ban...oh this is a good one. The Environmentalists pushed for a DDT Ban and as a results hundreds of thousands of poor minority kids around the world have died.

...and many, many bird and other species have come back from the brink of extinction, and DDT in women's breast milk has gone down by 80% or more... AND we have chosen to resume using DDT in the worst mosquito-infested areas, til there's a better solution (eg decent housing). Could you do better?

But as a bonus, it helped thin the "undesirables" in the words of the cultists.
You're making that **** up. Why?

I could compile a long list
You could make up some more such crap, I'm sure of it.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:03   #4052
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Not making anything up Amigo...maybe you should do a little research on who Paul Ehrlich (Author of the Bogus Population Bomb) was and what the radical HezboEnvironmentalists really want. Humans are the virus they want eradicated for mother Gia.

See but you are like most people, ignorant of who the founders and leaders of your movement are....

Green is the new Red, not just for the Blood on it's hands but it's the new home of the Communists and fascists.

But really LE...let go of the anger and rage...
It only takes years off your life, but then again, that is what the MMGWC wants, one less person sucking up resources and spewing out CO2 ...right?

Old 02-05-2016, 12:04   #4053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
You could make up some more such crap, I'm sure of it.
Not to mention that

a) a five star crash rating means the same for a small car as it does for a large car (in a crash against a similar sized car), so depending on your perspective actually the large cars that are killing people. (I come from the perspective of a small car, so please stop trying to kill me with your oversized automobile).

b) my understanding is that where DDT is still used, it is no longer effective because mosquitos have developed resistance. Not quite sure how the environmentalists caused that.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:10   #4054
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_f View Post
Not to mention that...
Your best words...
Old 02-05-2016, 12:13   #4055

Quote:
Not making anything up Amigo...maybe you should do a little research on who Paul Ehrlich (Author of the Bogus Population Bomb) was and what the radical HezboEnvironmentalists really want. Humans are the virus they want eradicated for mother Gia.

See but you are like most people, ignorant of who the founders and leaders of your movement are....

Green is the new Red, not just for the Blood on it's hands but it's the new home of the Communists and fascists.

But really LE...let go of the anger and rage...
It only takes years off your life, but then again, that is what the MMGWC wants, one less person sucking up resources and spewing out CO2 ...right?

I do love it when your cork slips occasionally and we get a solid whiff of your crazy, instead of just the monotonous little "cult" digs.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:23   #4056
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Happy to help...but if all you got is personal attacks on me...friend, you've already lost the debate. There is just something about the internet that makes people get frustrated in seeing others that don't believe like they do and tends to make people go on the attack. It's a very interesting study in human psychology. But seriously, if you want to learn a great deal rather than ranting, read some history of the Population Bomb and the American Progressive/Eugenics Movement...it is truly right out of a horror movie in what these "educated scientists" wanted to do with people.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:30   #4057

Quote:
But seriously, if you want to learn a great deal rather than ranting, read some history of the Population Bomb and the American Progressive/Eugenics Movement...it is truly right out of a horror movie in what these "educated scientists" wanted to do with people.
(hey, there it is! science -> eugenics -> Nazi deathcamps. I called it, kids. This is officially bottom)

I'm not disputing that, just your insistence that anyone wanting to hug a tree or get off the fossil-fuel addiction is right down there with Dr Mengele. It's neither true nor instructive.

But, buddy - blaming enviros for small car deaths... that is seriously Froot Loops.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:39   #4058
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

I'm thinking this thread has turned into a Monty Python Sketch.

That would be the Argument sketch. Submitted here for your approval.

Old 02-05-2016, 13:24   #4059

Ministry of Silly Walks anyone?
Old 02-05-2016, 13:39   #4060

Boat: Vagabond 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_f View Post
Not to mention that

a) a five star crash rating means the same for a small car as it does for a large car (in a crash against a similar sized car), so depending on your perspective actually the large cars that are killing people. (I come from the perspective of a small car, so please stop trying to kill me with your oversized automobile).

b) my understanding is that where DDT is still used, it is no longer effective because mosquitos have developed resistance. Not quite sure how the environmentalists caused that.

I'd rather be in the car that "wins"

Eventually, just about any insecticide becomes ineffective...
But giving up a highly effective insecticide based on questionable (at best) "research" is not bright.
But that's the envirowhacko way.
Old 02-05-2016, 13:57   #4061

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
I look forward to seeing some current uncategorical climate science with 100% certainty., as well as some current science that meets your criteria.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Hey Stu - are you OK?

Old 02-05-2016, 15:23   #4062

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Environmentalists have caused the Death of thousands millions of people...that is just a hard fact that the left doesn't want to have to see, admit, or deal with. After all, they say you have to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette and the greater collective good goes against the individual selfish good. The Population Bomb wanted to get rid of the Poor...so does the MMGW Cultists. It is their stated policy and then when you call them out on it...they cry and call you names...oh the irony of it all.
There, fixed it for you.

And that's just for the DDT/mosquito/malaria case.
Old 02-05-2016, 16:28   #4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
There, fixed it for you.

And that's just for the DDT/mosquito/malaria case.
Meanwhile:

Quote:
Mosquitoes (Anopheles funestus) are vectors of malaria, and most strategies for combating the spread of the disease focus on control of mosquito populations using insecticides. The spread of resistance genes could hold back efforts to prevent the disease. The authors say that knowing how resistance works will help to develop tests, and stop these genes from spreading amongst mosquito populations.

Charles Wondji said: 'We found a population of mosquitoes fully resistant to DDT (no mortality when they were treated with DDT) but also to pyrethroids. So we wanted to elucidate the molecular basis of that resistance in the population and design a field applicable diagnostic assay for its monitoring.'
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0224204808.htm
Old 02-05-2016, 16:38   #4064
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
I'm thinking this thread has turned into a Monty Python Sketch.

Hey...I saw that hundreds of posts ago and acted accordingly...
What I find hilarious is that some still think this is some type of serious discussion where we actually read their cut/paste propaganda.

Out of the Two camps, the Fool or the bigger fool that would argue with a fool, count me in the former.

Excuse me know while I go think of something else outlandish to post just to see how how the MMGWC will jump......now that is some good clean fun right there...
Old 02-05-2016, 17:48   #4065

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Meanwhile:

We found a population of mosquitoes fully resistant to DDT (no mortality when they were treated with DDT) but also to pyrethroids

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0224204808.htm
Reminds me of those bathroom and kitchen cleaners containing disinfectant that claim to kill "99% of germs"

Great. Leave 1% of the toughest and most badass ones alive to go forth and multiply. Great thinking right there.

Then add to stupid by feeding antibiotics to livestock.

And some on here think global warming is human society's biggest challenge.
Closed Thread