Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2023, 20:37   #1

Ahoy from Adelaide

Hello. We are travellers who have always embarked in Sydney. Finally booked a short trip to Fremantle from our home port Adelaide (first since covid) but had to cancel last minute due to a death in the family. We'll wait now til next summer and try again.
Myoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 21:03   #2

Re: Ahoy from Adelaide

Well bugger me. After reading more posts on this forum it appears I've made a 'blue' and misinterpreted the meaning of 'cruiser.' Posts here mostly involve sailboats and yachting. It's been a while since we did any sailing/racing and have great memories but we now prefer drier and warmer sea travel. Thanks from Adelaide SA.
Myoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 21:27   #3
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Welcome aboard Myoster. Now your first post makes sense - I was wondering where this was leading
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 21:43   #4

You still qualify, you’re just on a bigger vessel and have catering and a spa pool rather than our hands on self sufficient style and slightly smaller vessels. Enjoy your cruise when you finally put to sea.
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2023, 11:12   #5

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome to CruisersForum!

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote