Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2007, 12:32   #1

Boat: Rhodes Continental 22
Send a message via AIM to butanyways
Another new guy

Hi There! John from Florida here. Been sailing for a few years now. 22 footer for the past year, dinghies before that. It's the only thing I've kept interest in my whole life. Finally got out this past Fri. for the first time in 4 months or so. Got on the water at 11am and didn't drop the sails til 2am - got up at 8am and went for a couple more hours. Started to get tired and figured I better save some strength for crankin her up the trailer. Noticed my registration's about to expire and I still haven't named the boat. Pretty much got it narrowed down to "Broke on the Water" or "Midnight Cruiser" since I'm a poe fokker and love sailing into the wee hours. Going up to the "forgotten coast" aka Apalachicola in the pan handle in early May. Wife's Uncle rents a condo up there on St Geoge Island and She hasn't seen him in a few years. It'll be my first real sail in salt water. Normally sail in a lake about 5 miles across. Been working on learning the charts and just picked up roller furler for genny. Just have to keep track of tides and currents. Something I'm not used to. Has anybody else sailed in Apalachicola Bay area? Searched and found a post from someone in that area that's been exploring it for a few years. They haven't posted in a while. I'll have to see if I can get in touch with them.

It will be nice to talk to all of you, butanyways
butanyways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 19:54   #2

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Welcome butanyways,
Good to see yet another new site user and look forward to hearing more of your adventures.
JOHN
Old 19-05-2007, 10:49   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Florida John,
Welcome aboard!! Hope you touched base with someone from that panhandle area. I had the pleasure of being stationed near Pensacola for 3 years back in the 60s. Long time ago so I'm certain things have changed.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote