Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 16:29   #1
cruiser

Unhappy Can't Keep the Boat - the Saga Continues! :(

I just wanted to let you all know that we have come to a catch-22 type situation with the boat. In our haste to try and keep our boat, we came up with some decent ideas for how we could pay for it (the loan).

Unfortunately, what we overlooked for a couple weeks was our cruising budget. (duh!)

Even if we work our tails off to pay the boat off, we will still have no money to enjoy the boat. We won't be able to cruise off to the Carib and certainly won't be able to afford fitting this boat out for any trans-Atlantics.

So it's with deep DEEP regret that I am going to have to part with the boat we put so much into. We are moving onto land (an RV) and working our tails off to pay for that this winter instead.

At least once we own one of those, we can use the thing. We'll be able to work some of the year, and take off other parts. With the boat, we'd be looking at many years of work without much return in cruising.

RVs are just less expensive than boats to run - well - less expensive than this size boat. We are not willing to go to a smaller boat because of the problems with roll and bouncing at anchor (lighter displacement is not attractive to us). Plus... boats present this terrible problem that has it's own section on this forum: "How to Make a Living While Cruising"

Guess we had a swing and a miss in that department.

So sadly, as you can see in the "Classifieds" section, our boat is back up on the market. If you know anyone, I'd always rather sell something at a low price like this to (or through) someone I know. Especially if the person has a dream to cruise. The boat is ready now. She was chomping at the bit all summer long, but we could not afford to take her further than Maine. Maybe someone else here can benefit from the work I put into her. I'd like to see that.

Anyway, I put up a billion photos in the "Classfieds" section. She's only $89,900. Why? I don't want to sit around and work on selling her. I'd rather just have her go quickly, so I don't have to shed as many tears.

This thread is in "Meets and Greets" since this is somewhat of a goodbye. I won't have a lot of time to be on here shortly, since I will be moving onto other things.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 16:33   #2
Kai Nui

We all share in your frustration Sean. Sad that is the direction you have to go, but at least it is only a detour. Great price. The boat should sell quickly. Best of luck.