Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2008, 07:38   #16

Mobetah,

I have visited the Endeavour Forum. What's your opinion regarding aluminum vs fiberglass for the new fuel tank?. Also, there are strong recommendations on the other site to replace all tanks once you start. Any opinion on this?

wrussell
wrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 04:40   #17

Boat: Endeavour40 - MOBETAH
WRussel,

I'm going with aluminum because I'm concered with what additives might be added (in the future) to deisel and what additives are being added to bio deisel now.

I replaced the aft water tank because it has been in contact with bilge water for twenty five years just like the fuel tank. The large, main water tank has not been in contact with the bilge water, appeared to be in good shape, and did not need to be moved to replace the other two tanks so I left it alone.

I did increase the size of the old 75 gallon fuel tank to 110 galllons by adding 20 inches to the front of the tank. This part of the tank extends to the area previously occupied by the aft water tank. The new aft water tank (35 gallons) no longer has the bottom section and now looks more like a saddle tank located over the front of the new fuel tank. Both have fittings that would allow the new aft water tank to be easily converted into an auxillary fuel tank if ever needed (the auxillary fuel tank would gravity feed into the main fuel tank).

The new tanks were build for me by Ezell Industries in Perry FL and I highly reccomend them. Ezell Industries Custom Aluminum Marine Fuel Water Holding Tanks Fabrication

Again, If I can be of any help feel free to email me.
mobetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 09:07   #18

Boat: Oday 38 dawn marie
When the boat is done and your traveling south stop in for a vist Im in freeport grand bahamas , have a 200 ft dock in a deep water canal. we can help replenish your food and fresh water is at the dock. We had to cut the deck to get our new engine in the 37 Oday hope yours comes out easyer then ours did , robert Tarzwell seabreezes.biz
pixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavour

« newbie | New »