Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2016, 07:37   #1

Boat: Kirie Fifty 33 33'
Hello From Chicago

I am new to this community. I am in the process of looking for and purchasing my first sailboat. I grew up on the IL river boating on a powerboat and now am at a point in my life that I can afford to get back into boating and am excited about sailing. I own a coffee shop in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our philosophy of slowing down and enjoying life is definitely something sailing is about.

Looking forward to this new adventure.
Coffeeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 09:09   #2

Re: Hello From Chicago

My partner and I buy, refurbish and resell older model sailboats. Most come from those that had a sailing dream and abandoned it due to age or financial reasons. They range in price from around $5000 to $25000 and age from 1970 to 1985. My partner is based out of Marblehead (just above Sandusky), Ohio. If this interests you, feel free to contact me about them. If not, I will not bother you. Bruce
bruce v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 22:05   #3

Boat: Catalina Capri 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeguy View Post
I am new to this community. I am in the process of looking for and purchasing my first sailboat. I grew up on the IL river boating on a powerboat and now am at a point in my life that I can afford to get back into boating and am excited about sailing. I own a coffee shop in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our philosophy of slowing down and enjoying life is definitely something sailing is about.

Looking forward to this new adventure.

Hey there! Had my first successful season last year on a catalina capri 25 out of jax park. Am new to forum and boat ownership but had the opportunity to sail as a kid for many summers and competed in high school. Am vying for hotly contested title of world's thriftiest sailor. I know i have much to learn but that is my guiding light. Launch was cancelled due to gale and talk of 13' waves so now I'm joining forum to help alleviate sailing itch. I'm rescheduled for this sat and hope for calmer waters.

Hope to see you out there
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1757.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	147273
liquidice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:53   #4

Gentlemen, Fair Winds from Villa Park! I just joined the forum and a search for CHICAGO pulled this up. Hope you are both doing well and on the water enjoying the season.

I am in the infancy of my boating journey just gathering info and hopefully getting things rolling next year with sail classes, etc. Anything interesting in the area going on let me know, would be good to meet some people in the area.

Coffeeguy, where is your coffee shop? I work in Naperville and live not far from Aurora.
bluwaterdream is offline   Reply With Quote