Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2018, 07:42   #1

Boat: Robert Tucker Beagle. LOA:28ft, Beam: 11ft
hello from dartmouth uk

Hello, My name is Martin and I am the skipper of Turtle which is a Steel 28ft Robert Tucker Beagle. I started sailing as a child on the baltic coast of germany on the SCHLEI at Schleswig. My first command was a 8ft pram dingy (optimist) and I have been sailing all my life. I spent some time crewing professionally in the med and caribbean including a stint on the 342ft barque Seacloud. I studied music, carpentry and boatbuilding and have rebuilt/fitted out a couple of my own boats including the current one. Our last boat was a 24ft cornish crabber Mk1 which we sold to Russia and delivered by sea to st Petersburg a few years ago. what I love most about boats is the sense of self reliance and autonomy it allows. My ship is my own country on which I can visit others. You may enjoy my video "put your sails up" on youtube that was filmed while busking in barcelona on trumpet and guitar. I have been enjoying this forum and am now a member.

turtleofdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:03   #2

Boat: 1967 Alberg 30
Re: hello from dartmouth uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleofdart View Post
Hello, My name is Martin and I am the skipper of Turtle which is a Steel 28ft Robert Tucker Beagle. I started sailing as a child on the baltic coast of germany on the SCHLEI at Schleswig. My first command was a 8ft pram dingy (optimist) and I have been sailing all my life. I spent some time crewing professionally in the med and caribbean including a stint on the 342ft barque Seacloud. I studied music, carpentry and boatbuilding and have rebuilt/fitted out a couple of my own boats including the current one. Our last boat was a 24ft cornish crabber Mk1 which we sold to Russia and delivered by sea to st Petersburg a few years ago. what I love most about boats is the sense of self reliance and autonomy it allows. My ship is my own country on which I can visit others. You may enjoy my video "put your sails up" on youtube that was filmed while busking in barcelona on trumpet and guitar. I have been enjoying this forum and am now a member.

Hi Martin, I'm also very new here. I loved your vid! You seem like a man who grabbed life by the horns and are enjoying the ride!
WingRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 16:01   #3

Boat: Robert Tucker Beagle. LOA:28ft, Beam: 11ft
Re: hello from dartmouth uk

that's lovely... glad you enjoy the sound and stuff. yeah, we can do what we want in life can't we. we can respond to our sphere of awareness and interact with it... create our lives and worlds... i sometimes call it imagineering.

we are planning a trip to netherlands and germany and denmark this summer. i want to go to the place i grew up (incompletely!) and invite my old uncle on board for lunch... worth 1200 miles don't you think?... I am loving this forum... sailors are just such nice people. the sea must beat them into shape with its elemental forces.
turtleofdart is offline   Reply With Quote