Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2012, 12:25   #1

Boat: Silverton Motor Yacht
pirate Hello from Illinois/ midwest

Hi there I'm new and a boater with my husband along the Mississippi River. I thought I put this post in here yesterday, but couldn't find it. I will try again. My husband and I have a 32 foot carver and dreaming of doing the loop when we get into retirement have the time to take our time in doing this great journey. Love to get helpful ideas and things to plan. We are putting our carver up for sale. Like to update and alittle bigger boat...looking into a twaler, harbor master. Anyone familiar with skipperliners/ larger houseboat. Do you ever see houseboats or not good for the sea part of the journey. In our area hard to find twalers . We looked at a mainship twaler, '97 diesel for $123,000. What else is good.
We have a golden retriever and she enjoys our enjoyment on the boat...she isn't with us if we are boating over a few days. Anyone else in here that is near illinois/ Iowa area?
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 12:47   #2

Boat: 1950's Lakes Cruiser
Re: Hello from Illinois/ midwest

Welcome aboard JoanK, I am from the other side of the world Mallacoota Victoria Australia and like you and your husband My Wife and I have a 28' wooden boat and cruse the lake of Mallacoota and reaching retirement - sorry can't help with river boats but this forum has given me heaps of advice - as I said in one of my threads I have learnt more in 3 months than had i gone to university to study about boats - I can assure you there are thousands of people in this forum willing to help - good luck and happy cruising - MVR
MV-Romnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 13:53   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Hello from Illinois/ midwest

Aloha and welcome aboard!
My wife is from that area and worked in the quad-cities while young. She grew up in a farming area on the Illinois side of the river.
I've always thought it'd be great to do the loop but have not pursued it, just been sailing in and around Hawaii and the west coast lately.
kind regards,