Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2022, 19:09   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Nautica, RIB 22FT
Hello from Key West, Florida!

Hi all!
I've been a member of CF for quite some time, and I can thank it for all the wonderful information and jobs I've taken through it! I've finally made the transition from "For Hire Crew" to Boat Owner and I couldn't be more excited! I own and operate a water concierge service in Key West offering rides, parts, fuel and groceries (all the things I wish I could of had when I sailed in)!
My boat is a 22ft Nautica Rib aptly named McRib

I look forward to seeing some of my fellow cruisers down in Florida's last true paradise, and helping assist in any way possible when it comes to making cruising down here a breeze! Additionally, I'd love to host some fun meet ups in the more remote Keys near the Dry Tortugas if anyone is interested in making their way down here! Along with the RIB, my friend and I also have a 36 Cal Jensen that we sail regularly!

See you out on the water!
- Pat
Channel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2022, 20:39   #2

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Hello from Key West, Florida!

Welcome to the forum.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:24   #3

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome to CF!
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 08:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel20 View Post
Hi all!
I've been a member of CF for quite some time, and I can thank it for all the wonderful information and jobs I've taken through it! I've finally made the transition from "For Hire Crew" to Boat Owner and I couldn't be more excited! I own and operate a water concierge service in Key West offering rides, parts, fuel and groceries (all the things I wish I could of had when I sailed in)!
My boat is a 22ft Nautica Rib aptly named McRib

I look forward to seeing some of my fellow cruisers down in Florida's last true paradise, and helping assist in any way possible when it comes to making cruising down here a breeze! Additionally, I'd love to host some fun meet ups in the more remote Keys near the Dry Tortugas if anyone is interested in making their way down here! Along with the RIB, my friend and I also have a 36 Cal Jensen that we sail regularly!

See you out on the water!
- Pat
Hi,

Sorry if this is not the right place for this. Myself and 2 friends will be in Ft. Meyers area in February. Most likely working our way down to the key. You mentioned Dry Tortugas in your post. That is high on our list of paces to visit. Outside of the normal Yankee Ferry, do you happen do know of affordable ways to get over to Dry Tortugas either for a day or possible one night camp? It is hard to find information other than sea plane or the Yankee Ferry online unless I just am looking in the wrong spots.
Thanks and all the best.

Todd
joehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 15:09   #5

Boat: Custom 28' Power Catamaran

Hey what’s happening to all the boats anchored to the west of Fleming Key? Are they enforcing that short-term anchoring rule?
massnspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2023, 03:47   #6

Boat: 1983 Catalina 30 5411 STD Rig

Congratulations. Concierge service should do well here.

Newbie cruisers, now in Key West. Loving it. Left Oklahoma 2 months ago. 850 miles of rivers, etc. Witnessed a 43’ Beneteau being abandoned via CG helicopter on a gulf crossing.
Came through the Dry Tortugas en route. Beautiful.
I’ve been anchored west of Fleming Key for 10 days waiting on weather. Exclusion zone not currently being enforced.
What’s up with the 25-40kt gusts for a week straight? Luckily it’s been a comfortable anchorage.
fox9988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, key west