Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2013, 01:18   #31

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40
Hi Peter. Mike and Di of pangolin. I will send you there email and phone number as a private PM. Mike did an amazing job as shore contact and weather man when I sailed to antarctica. I have sold Snow Petrel and Bought a new 40 footer. You can see some pic's on my ramblings at www.snowpetrelsailing.blogspot.com.au
Cheers Peter
Old 31-03-2013, 01:51   #32

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: Hello from Tasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR7 View Post
To Ben-Snowpetrel1
Since I am not yet a 'trusted member', being new to the forum, I will send this message here.
Hi Ben,
Re website: Our Family - Shenandoah

You will notice on the website and Forum, that I am trying to trace the original RESTIVE, referred to in Hiscock's-Cruising Under Sail, of which Peter Robyn is at least a "copy".. I have tracked down a sister-ship in the UK and there are now photos of her on my website.
A few years ago I met in Kettering, a guy named Mike, who lived aboard his yacht with his wife who worked for Greening Tasmania/Australia (she came to us to assist in getting rid of Gorse at Bruny). He apparently monitors yachts in any part of the world doing ocean crossings and they report in to him on a daily basis. He tracks them etc.
Did you ever meet him or do you know his name, email address or website? I seem to remember that they were interested in buying property in Cygnet.
It was he who seemed to remember being in contact with Restive who at that time was in the vicinity of South Africa, en-route to Nth. America. I would be interested in your reply.
Regards, Peter
G'Day Peter,

You didn't address that to me, but I believe that you are referring to Mike Harris and his wife Di. They used to own a cruising yacht called Pangolin II, and have now moved ashore inland from Cygnet. I can supply a phone number if you PM me... don't feel right posting it here.

They just launched a new mini yacht he built of alloy... called Pangolin III would you believe! Now on a mooring at PCSC.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 31-03-2013, 02:31   #33

Boat: Sister-ship to "Restive" -Hiscock 31'

Hi Jim!
PeterR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 02:36   #34

Boat: Sister-ship to "Restive" -Hiscock 31'

Jim, I hit the wrong button! Thank you for your response! You are right:it was Mike and Di and I would like to be able to email them, to take up the story of Restive.Being a new comer to the Forum, I am unable to send Private Messages. Perhaps you could send me an email, although I can receive P.M's. It is:- pratkins7@bigpond.com
I am planning to be in your area around the 20th. April: perhaps we could meet up.
Regards,
Peter
PeterR7 is offline   Reply With Quote