Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2020, 14:08   #1

Is there a 3 month catamaran rental out there? Nov - Jan 2021

Dear Cruiser Community:

We are a family of 4 (2 adults with daughters ages 13 & 16) looking for a 3 month catamaran rental in the caribbean for the period around November 1st - January 31st. We have bareboat chartered many times over the past years including the areas: BVI, USVI, Italy, Puerto Rico, St Martin, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines. ASA certified. We've received quotes from DYC and the Moorings that are "off the chart" expensive for a 3 month period over high season. Thus, this post to the Cruiser Forum.

In the event you are a live aboard cruiser that plans to be on land during this period and might have interest in renting your boat to our family, I would love to connect. Not sure how insurance would work but we would want to make sure that we had boat/liability insurance during the rental period. We would limit our sailing to the caribbean.

Looking for a cat sized 36 to 46 ft, generator, dingy, water maker and solar, 3 cabins. We are two professionals (software engineer and I'm in Finance) and we would work remotely on our laptops. We are tidy, respectful, well insured, and understand that there are always little things (and big) that need to be fixed and attended to on a boat.

I also had a crazy idea about a boat for house 3 month trade. We have a 4 bed / 4 bath house in central Denver historic area (Congress Park Neighborhood - close to downtown Denver). Looking for a perfect match I suppose!

I've looked at purchasing a Fontaine Pajot for full time cruising but want to do 3 months first and make sure that this is the right decision for us (also, certainly, COVID has given us great hesitation about making a boat purchase right now).

We are US citizens but my husband and children hold EU passports which we hope might open up more entry areas for us (would love any thoughts you may have on this as we understand Americans are very limited to travel to other countries at present).

Thanks for reading this long post & hope all in the sailing community are well and safe during this strange COVID time!

Kind regards,
Shannon
dorigousa@gmail.com
Denver CO USA
dorigousa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran