Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 14:58   #1

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
Just wanted to say hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum in order to be of assistance to anyone contemplating a cruise in my part of the world, Brazil..

I am a retired shipīs deck officer class II from Norway now living permanently in the seaside town of Ubatuba (Tupi indian language for "many canoes")

Having spent two winters here in between my charter operation in South Norway on my beloved m.s. Eight Bells, a 60īalu. motor yacht built in Germany, I finally took the plunge and moved here in May 2003 where we bought a lovely house.

I re-married to a lovely lady from Sao Paulo in Kristiansand Norway in 2002 whom I had a year earliet "met" on the internet. Miracles it seems are still happening all over the world...

I am a web-designer and run my own web site www.yachtmarine.com where I offer consultancy in the areas of real-estate, travel and boat building in Brazil.

You can also see sailing directions I have written in www.noonsite.com/countries for the Costa Verde area in Brazil and also the "Norwegian Intra Coastal Waterway" from Kristiansand, Norway.

I have travelled extensively around the world both as a shipīs officer and also during 30 years in the London travel industry.

If I can be of any assistance please feel free to ask. But in any case, letīs share a beer or two when you are visiting these parts.

WELCOME TO PARADISE!!
sinbad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 14:57   #2

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
The only problem is ....

I MISS THE BOAT !!

Having spent so many years cruising in the North Sea, Skagerak, the Baltic, both leisure and commercial, I thought enough is enough.. and sold my beloved m.s. Eight Bells last year before leaving Norway.

Although the seasons in Norway and Brazil is opposites, I was still getting that restless feeling of anticipation prior to starting a new charter season. Old habits die hard I guess.

I have a 16 foot alu. runabout here with a 50hp Evinrude that gets me around here among the hundreds of tropical islands and secluded beaches, but itīs not the same.. once youīve had your own "ship" itīs not the same trading down. If it hadīnt been for the 56% import duty here I would have sailed the boat over...

I have several friends here with larger craft and I am forever involved in exciting projects here as you can see from my web-site: http://www.yachtmarine.com

I can thoroughly recommend the cruising area between Rio and Santos, the Costa Verde.. with excellent yachting facilities in Rio. Buzios.,Cabo Frio, Angra dos Reis, Parati, Ubatuba, Saco da Ribeira, Ilhabela, Santos/Guaruja.... and what more... the girls are friendy and the booze is cheap. ( So is cost of living generally)

WELCOME TO PARADISE !! (but bring your boat)
sinbad7 is offline   Reply With Quote