Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2011, 14:24   #1

Boat: Groupe Finot, Steel Sloop, 42'
Maybe Too Soon?

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays, I'm new to the forum and enjoying all your post. I have owned 2 sailboats, 87' Oday 240, and 79 Irwin 28, Enjoyed them both. I am currently contractor overseas and will be done in 14 months (feb 2013) and will have cash in hand for my "new sailboat" The wife and i really like the 35.5-41 Hunter series, and know most of the pro's and cons. Will just see what i can get in Florida for the 35K i will have to spend. So most everyday i search CL, and other websites and see all these awsume deals and i sure hope they continue for the next 14 months, if I can't find good deal in 14 months i will surely cry Well everyone enjoy the holidays and i will continue to enjoy reading all the post out there!
Old 23-12-2011, 16:12   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
re: Maybe Too Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saylor240 View Post
Hello everyone and Happy Holidays, I'm new to the forum and enjoying all your post. I have owned 2 sailboats, 87' Oday 240, and 79 Irwin 28, Enjoyed them both. I am currently contractor overseas and will be done in 14 months (feb 2013) and will have cash in hand for my "new sailboat" The wife and i really like the 35.5-41 Hunter series, and know most of the pro's and cons. Will just see what i can get in Florida for the 35K i will have to spend. So most everyday i search CL, and other websites and see all these awsume deals and i sure hope they continue for the next 14 months, if I can't find good deal in 14 months i will surely cry Well everyone enjoy the holidays and i will continue to enjoy reading all the post out there!
Dont mean to be the "Harbinger(sp?) of sorrow" but by that time if things keep going like they have been all the boats will be occupied by the homeless...DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 16:16   #3

re: Maybe Too Soon?

Bahahaa...very true Tropical!!! i'm really not shocked when i see adds that say rent my boat to live on,or must sell losing my house..
Old 25-12-2011, 10:58   #4

Seasons Greetings!
Tom ONeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2011, 12:51   #5

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Re: Maybe Too Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ONeill View Post
Seasons Greetings!
Welcome to the Forum, Tom, and a merry christmas to you too.

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 10:22   #6

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you here and I hope you find the boat of your dreams.
kind regards,
Old 27-12-2011, 12:16   #7

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman

G'Day and welcome.
Sounds like you've got the plan in place, we look forward to hearing how it all goes in 15 months time.
Sail safe
JOHN
Old 28-12-2011, 19:13   #8

Boat: <sold the 140' steel flybridge ketch & Hunter CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saylor240 View Post
Saylor 240,
Welcome aboard! Since you and your wife have the hard part of determining what series boat you want..i.e.... the Hunter 355-41 series might be a good idea to comparsion shop and buy the boat a state or two away if the pricing is better such as same budget & model but getting a 4 yr newer boat. I just started boat shopping just a month ago but found pretty sizeable difference in price between Florida (Jacksonville & Marathon) versus Houston/Kemah/Galveston Texas area on our newly purchased used Hunter. Best wishes on your quest!
John & Carol
Johnny Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 19:18   #9

Yeah i have been looking online, i am sure willing to travel to find the boat...and to transport it home, that's part of the adventure right? But the admiral says...no she wants to buy close to home!...so i have 15 months to change her mind lol...and 15 months to dream....Bright side is ...if i keep reading all the forum for 15 months i should be expert..lol