Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2012, 18:20   #1

Boat: Pearson 323
Missing Sailing

Hello,
I am new to this forum and would like to say "hello." I have had a little boat for about 15 years, but have never been able to sail consistently due to lack of a mate. I started sailing with my son, but alas, he went away. . . married now. I had a friend with a bigger boat, but he got a girlfriend. Does anyone else have this sort of problem?
Old 22-02-2012, 05:55   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Missing sailing

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Marty.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 03:14   #3

Thank you for your reply, although I'm interpreting your answer as a rhetorical question. The problem is not time and money, it is a sailing partner. Sure, a boat in the water could partially solve that problem, maybe this is the solution you implied?
Old 23-02-2012, 03:17   #4

I think what I am looking for in this forum is another enthusiast in the Miami area who wants to get on the water more.
Old 23-02-2012, 04:14   #5
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowboat View Post
Thank you for your reply, although I'm interpreting your answer as a rhetorical question. The problem is not time and money, it is a sailing partner. Sure, a boat in the water could partially solve that problem, maybe this is the solution you implied?
That's simply Gord's Tag / Signature Line - mine is focused on the more important things in life . Feel Free to Click .

Although at 16' you can of course singlehand easily - nonetheless I do appreciate that doing so with another has an attraction (well, so I am told by the more sociable amongst us ).

But I think you have hit on the solution yourself - invite folk onboard, or invite yourself onto the boats of others, being in the boat ownership club already means you have one foot in the door.

Anyway, as Gord also said, welcome to CF .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:24   #6

Boat: contessa 32

I like sailing with company; I like sailing alone; I like sailing in the springtime; and if I can't sail in the springtime ,I'll sail in the fall.

With a 16' boat surely you can sail it by yourself ,which just adds another dimension to a fabulous enterprise.I long ago recognized that I would require a boat that could be single-handed easily so that my sailing ambitions would not be compromised.

Sooo ,I'm thinking that maybe you are asking how to find friends and sailing mates to share the experience?

I dunno,crew ,like women, are a sometime thing.
mrohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:35   #7

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Missing Sailing

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Since this is the "meets and greets" forum then you might want to post in the "crew wanted" forum to see if you have someone locally that wants to sail with you. I wouldn't mind but I'm way over here in Hawaii.
kind regards,
Old 12-03-2012, 18:58   #8

Boat: Morgan 22
Re: Missing Sailing

Mellowboat, I wish you had posted a month ago. I'm in Miami for work for a bit and I've been looking for a boat to sail on. Just let me know when you're free. I just sent my foulies home because I haven;t found a boat to jump in Miami but I'm more then ready to get some time on the water. E-mail me at trejchel at hotmail dot com and let me know if you still want a pair of hands to get your boat out. Mike
MTrejchel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing