Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 07:18   #1

My new basket case.

After losing my Hughes 40 at fort Myers Beach in hurricane Ian (no insurance) I was forced to live in my vehicle and save for another sailboat. I ended up working on a gulfstar 63 and crewing down around the dry tortugas and hauling it out in key West for repairs.
I stayed in various places in the keys for the last several years working and saving and now purchased a Whitby 42 in the Cocoa FL. Area.

The vessel is a complete basket case but what I paid for it was less than what the owner put into it in electronics through holes rewiring batteries etc. Currently working on it, spent the first 4 or 5 days scraping and vacuuming all the dirt and sawdust under the cabin sole from bow to stern then pressure washing it.

Between working on it trying to find employment, insurance, dealing with the marina and various other time consuming necessary things to not lose my investment. It's a bit overwhelming all at once.

My number one priority everyday is finding employment if anyone has any suggestions where I should go around the Cocoa area, here are some of my skill sets.

Electronics technician (Circuit board design and assembly)
Architectural and structural steel drafting, 3D modeling with SolidWorks, various types of proprietary equipment design, welding TIG, MIG, spool gun. Machining, sheet metal forming, electrical, light carpentry, basic auto mechanics, some heavy equipment mechanics and troubleshooting.
Whitby-42 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Dog Aboard | - »