Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2008, 22:43   #1

Boat: n/a looking
Send a message via Yahoo to uncledrew23
New and wanting to learn to sail

hello anyone have yahoo please add uncledrew23@yahoo.com trying to talk with anyone that can help me learn about sailing please thank you if u do
uncledrew23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 00:36   #2

hello all im a non sailor slash insane and wanna make a world cruiser hello my names drew im looking for a boat i know a few things i want but not where to look or find a boats that is affordable to work on or fix ied like a full keel wheel driven sloop sail setup as i wanna world cruise ied like to know a great size for comfort and function i wanna single hand so ied need it to be easy to access im thinking 35 at the smallest i don't know these things as im not that bright so i wanna work simplistic and on from there if i can find a nice size sturdy boat ied try to set it up so as that its self sufficient would want auto pilot and wind generator but want it to be a sturdy tough runner without electronics so as if need be i can run it if they fail any help would be great thank u very much if u read and reply my email is uncledrew23@yahoo.com
Old 19-09-2008, 07:30   #3

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Hi Ho,
And welcome. Sounds like you are starting from scratch so wish you all the best.
Cheers
JOHN
Old 19-09-2008, 11:12   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Drew,
Welcome aboard! If you would ask very specific questions then we might be able to help. Here is an easy book that makes the fundamentals of sailing pretty clear: "Start Sailing Right!"
The other thing I could suggest is that you go to the local marina and ask around for a sailing class.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 11:21   #5

thank you

what i was planning is buying a descent sized ocean blue water cruiser and setting it up for me to single hand and dock it in Florida area and then see if theirs any experienced sailors to help even if i need to pay them so im 100% confident in my own boat i like the full keel design and also like the sloop setup i wanna set it up for single hand and make it as structaruly sound and able to reliably sail it without electronics also would like to setup autopilot and probably a wind generator as when its full setup and i am confident i can live abroad as i liek to fish alot that can lend to saving some money on food