Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2008, 11:27   #16
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
Great shot of Catalac in front of a Cadillac.......

Just get the boat home, and if you stop in Jax I'll buy you a beer, or two. If it was me though I would head outside with anything 20 knots, and under from behind the beam.................
I'm with you on that. Sailboats don't like motoring up ditches. Had to do that from Wisconsin on my last purchase/delivery. No fun at all. They like the room... Watch out - I may take you up on the beer offer when in Jax... it's on the way!
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 11:28   #17
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjef View Post
Sully,

That's great news. I couldn't see you in a barge or trawler. You'll have fun.

Be careful!

Stop by on the way up.

Jef
Yeah... the new boat should be much more fun that a trawler, with all the looks of a barge! ha ha

If I don't go outside the 'Sound, I'll surely stop in. I think NYC is on the agenda just for the sake of the crew.
Old 20-02-2008, 11:42   #18

Sully, I'm in Greenport area and it's not strictly "on the way", but I it's not out of the way either. And I think you own me a beer? Or did you forget? hahahaha

I looked at the plant of the catalac 10. WOW that is a sweet interior. It's like a mansion! Where's the wine cellar?
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 11:48   #19
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjef View Post
Sully, I'm in Greenport area and it's not strictly "on the way", but I it's not out of the way either. And I think you own me a beer? Or did you forget? hahahaha

I looked at the plant of the catalac 10. WOW that is a sweet interior. It's like a mansion! Where's the wine cellar?
Greenport?? Ok, well that *is* a good stopping point. I enjoy that area a lot. I'll have to swing by. Maybe I'll do the 'Sound instead of going outside just for fun.

Yeah, the interiors of these boats aren't bad. What amazes me is I can drop 11ft in LOA and end up with a slightly bigger boat?!?!?

If anyone is as much of a geek as me, I keep thinking this boat is like the Tardis from Dr. Who. (MAN am I a dork) Is that just how the English build everything? Small on the outside and huge on the inside?

I think the wine cellar is located next to the walk-in humidor. ha ha
Old 20-02-2008, 12:17   #20

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
One of the best looking cats I've ever seen. Hope you're happy. The price made me cringe a bit, but whatever, your boat, your problem now.

I know it's not on the way at all, but if you somehow get lost and end up in Pensacola or nearby, and I'll trade you a <insert cheap to moderate price drink of choice> for a look at her.

P.S. Glad to see I'm not the only Doctor Who fan on this board.

P.P.S. The Brits DO make some mighty fine boats.
sluissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 12:46   #21

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Wonderful.
I hope your plans work out well.

Can a 6'4" person stand up in one of those?
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 12:57   #22
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluissa View Post
One of the best looking cats I've ever seen. Hope you're happy. The price made me cringe a bit, but whatever, your boat, your problem now.

I know it's not on the way at all, but if you somehow get lost and end up in Pensacola or nearby, and I'll trade you a <insert cheap to moderate price drink of choice> for a look at her.

P.S. Glad to see I'm not the only Doctor Who fan on this board.

P.P.S. The Brits DO make some mighty fine boats.
Ha ha... yes. The price is insane. It's against everything I believe in. I had come down to buy an old Prout, but it was all delaminated. I couldn't pay for the repairs it needed for less than this Catalac cost. It was all done "by the numbers." I did need a boat this summer for chartering though. No boat would equal lost income.

Next time I'm in Pensacola, I'll PM you. I do get there on occasion because my Dad lives there. I may not have a boat with me though, so I might have to buy you the drink to see yours.
Old 20-02-2008, 12:58   #23
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Wonderful.
I hope your plans work out well.

Can a 6'4" person stand up in one of those?
Don't know 100% yet, but I'd be inclined to say "almost." The main salon area might be somewhere you'd have to slightly (ever so slightly) crouch, but the hulls are quite a bit higher and I'd say you could stand in the galley and nav areas.

I can fill you in more when I take delivery of the vessel.
Old 20-02-2008, 13:04   #24

Boat: Far East Mariner 40
Sean,

I am very happy for you, hope the boat is going to be all that you hope.. I know you guys must be very happy....

Fair Winds
Islandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:23   #25

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssullivan View Post
Ha ha... yes. The price is insane. It's against everything I believe in.
New motors are worth a lot!
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:36   #26
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Sean,

Congradulations...I wish you good luck with your new cat. You've selected a very good boat.

I realize you're still in the transition stages, but you will find out soon enough that once these cats get in your blood, it's hard going back to the other side.

I'm wondering......Does this mean our boats are cousins? At any rate, when you're ready, send me a couple of photos for the Catalac web site and I'll add you in the owners page.

Hmmm.... seems that I'm not the only one you owe a beer or two. Hey guys, does Sean ever pay up?
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:49   #27
cruiser

Just don't be like my bank and start charging me interest on all these beers!!! I'll never be able to go cruising because I'll be busy working to pay off all the bar tabs.

*Note: Beers are only payable in person, limit one per forum member promised a beer, offer good only in the continental United States, only when in close proximity to me and must provide interesting conversation. Beer company employees, Australians, fraternity brothers, drinking contest winners excluded. Taxes and door fees may apply.

(PS: Including Australians shows respect for your drinkers' ability to nearly drink me under the table when I visited shortly after college.... bravo)
Old 20-02-2008, 13:51   #28

Congrats on the new boat! Wishing you a swift and safe journey home.
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:55   #29
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssullivan View Post
*Note: Beers are only payable in person, limit one per forum member promised a beer, offer good only in the continental United States, only when in close proximity to me and must provide interesting conversation. Beer company employees, Australians, fraternity brothers, drinking contest winners excluded. Taxes and door fees may apply.

(PS: Including Australians shows respect for your drinkers' ability to nearly drink me under the table when I visited shortly after college.... bravo)

Should have known there'd be fine print to the offer!
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 14:38   #30

Boat: Vandestadt ketch 42
Congratulations and I hope she provides you safe passages, many wonderful sunsets and sunrises and good moments in between. As a Scot/Anglo I offer you a name which I was keeping for myself, but as we Anglo are reknowned for our hospitality and you by purchase will no doubr become an anglophile..... I give it for a beer, under the terms and conditions you have already applied.

Minskat/ Minscat. Its Danish "min skat", pronounce meen skat which men "my dear... My love" and "my tax"...which if nothing else is the shortest phrase which defines us, those that go to sea in small boats with a lady we love, while paying the privately induced ongoing financial price.

Alan
anglooff is offline   Reply With Quote