Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 10:28   #1

New liveaboard sailor & fishing nut

Hi, I purchased an '84 O'Day 34' early this summer to be my new home after my medical bills and living costs made it impossible to afford rent, car payments, insurance, utilities, and all of the other landlubber's prices of life.

In good condition, the boat would have been well out of my price range, but last summer the owner had a bilge pump failure that sunk the boat. It was quickly raised, but anything not attached to the hull was lost or ruined obviously. The owner entirely rebuilt the electrical and engine, thoroughly cleaned it, etc before deciding to sell the boat, so it was completely useable the day I bought it. I'm in Maine but will be sailing to Florida and beyond soon.

Upgrades/changes I've made so far have been focused on the solar system so I can run a separate fridge and freezer, A/C, Starlink internet, a 55" TV and game console. I started with an Ecoflow 2 with extra battery totaling 2000kwh for simplicity. I have two 2000kwh batteries with charge controllers and most of the other bits and pieces to install that as my permanent "house" set-up, which will change the Ecoflow to either my backup and/or I'll use it to power only a portion of the house devices such as the fridge, freezer, and upcoming, separate ice machine and drink cooler when I remodel the kitchen and eliminate the two enormous ice chests built in right now.

I've learned a ton about the Ecoflow after using it as my primary power source for over 3 months, including a bunch of really weird quirks, so please feel free to ask me anything about them or power stations in general. Same for solar and wind power (I have an 800 watt turbine waiting to be installed), or liveaboard boat questions in general.

I'm also a huge fishing nut and I'm looking to break my 17 pound personal best bonefish and land a 20 pounder!

Fair winds, following seas, and clear skies to all!
@bonefishguru #bonefishguru #liveaboard #sailboat #sailing #bonefish #solar #fishing #powerstation
BonefishGuru is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish, fishing, liveaboard, sail

« Hidden HIN | - »