Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2008, 13:53   #1

Boat: Maine Cat 41
New Name

Hi all,

Just wanted to re-introduce myself to the CF community and promise to try and avoid getting into any arguments (mono v. multi, which anchor's best, new v. used, etc).

I am the other half of the TabbyCat 'team'. YOGAO is an acronym for a song we really like by an artist from Tallahassee, FL named Del Suggs. It stands for "You Only Go Around Once". As you can see then, it does NOT have anything to do with YOGA (although I need to do more yoga to enhance the YOGAO experience - hmmm, sounds like another post).

We now have two CF screen names, TabbyCat (for Susan), who is now listed as a "Commercial Vendor", and YAGAO (for Mike) so I can contribute without getting folks confused as to whom is writing what to whom (is that clear as mud?)

Back to the arguments (?!@#$?!)

CAT v MONO? I love our Maine Cat 41 and wouldn't go back to a mono, EVER! But to expand it a bit, I love sailing on just about anything, mono, cat, tri. I also do not understand why many cruising cat enthusiasts on this forum seem to dismiss the Maine Cat and would appreciate your comments on that. The bottom line for us is she sails and has met our expectations pretty well.

Which Anchor? After spending nearly two years dragging around using a Delta knock-off and a Fortress FX-37, we upgraded to a Rocna 25, which has been virtually drag free! YAY! we can sleep at night! Of course, this is just our experience, YMMV and if what you are using works then you will have no arguments from me.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing how you are advancing your dreams to sail and enjoy this beautiful world.

Regards,
Mike
YOGAO
s/v TabbyCat
YOGAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 14:05   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Welcome aboard Mike! I look forward to hearing more from you and Susan.

David

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 10:07   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Mike,
Welcome aboard! You've posted before so you know how much fun this forum can be.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote