Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2021, 16:33   #1

Boat: looking
New to Sailing World and can't wait!

Grew up in Plymouth, MA USA and had the ocean at my feet and now living in a land locked community one hour away from any beach but wait, soon to retire with hubby and he wants us to learn how to sail into a new lifestyle. Took classes at Duxbury Bay Maritime School (Duxbury, MA USA) this summer and loved the experience. I love anytime on the water.

Next step, attending a credited ASA school this January 2022 in the USVI or BVI for a week. Just posted a thread for recommendations, as we want the best experience from a reputable organization.

We are interested in: a shallow keel monohull, liveaboard living and hopefully water sailing">blue water sailing in our new future.

Thanks for this forum!
I look forward to hearing from you!

"Getting underway"
Nancy and Rick
MA, USA
newbienancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 16:43   #2

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: New to Sailing World and can't wait!

Welcome.

I would suggest updating your profile with your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 17:24   #3

Boat: Grampian 26

Hi and welcome from Ontario Canada [emoji1063]
Nauticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 17:34   #4

Boat: THEN: Indefatigable Bristol Caravel #172; NOW: 42 makes of other people's boats (and counting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienancy View Post
Grew up in Plymouth, MA USA and had the ocean at my feet and now living in a land locked community one hour away from any beach but wait, soon to retire with hubby and he wants us to learn how to sail into a new lifestyle. Took classes at Duxbury Bay Maritime School (Duxbury, MA USA) this summer and loved the experience. I love anytime on the water.

Next step, attending a credited ASA school this January 2022 in the USVI or BVI for a week. Just posted a thread for recommendations, as we want the best experience from a reputable organization.

We are interested in: a shallow keel monohull, liveaboard living and hopefully blue water sailing in our new future.

Thanks for this forum!
I look forward to hearing from you!

"Getting underway"
Nancy and Rick
MA, USA

Greetings, Nancy! I lived in Plymouth for many years. Come up to Boston next spring and I'll take you guys out on a shallow-draft monohull suitable for living aboard, so you can get a taste.
We ran aground at 2300. Dad fired off flares all night, to no avail. In the morning, Mom called the Coast Guard and demanded to know why they had not responded. "But ma'm," came the abashed reply. "Yesterday was July 4th!"
DMF Sailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing