Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2023, 04:50   #1

Boat: Fountain Pajot Venezia 42
New to the Forum with a FP Venezia 42

Hello everybody,

we are Anke and Ralph.

We just bought a well maintained Venezia 42 in Italy and plan to go cruising the next few years. First in the mediterranen and then we will see.
me and my girlfriend are from Germany, nearing 60 years of age and finally have the time to follow the dream.

For me a liveaboard could only be a catamaran because we will have lots of visitors with friends and kids (and their kids:-) ).

As experience goes, me and my father owned a jeanneau 34.2 in the Netherlands for 10 years, and some sailboats and dinghy's on German lakes, but for holidays we always chartered a catamaran when we could afford it.
My Girlfriend grew up on Motorboats, but loves sailing better.

We already worked for some weeks on the boat, installing new electronics and fixing some things. (There are always things to fix, even when the boat is in good shape :-) ) In the next few weeks I will expand the solar Installation to 1400 WP of solarpanels and 1060 Kw of lithium. Watermaker is already installed.

I am sure I will have questions soon and maybe I can answer some others.

Greetings from Germany

Ralph
Damir36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 05:03   #2

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Re: New to the Forum with a FP Venezia 42

Welcome to CF!

Enjoy the Venezia 42 and if you have any doubt, you have the forum, which is like a technical dictionary.
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 14:01   #3

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome to CruisersForum!
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 00:50   #4

Boat: Foutaine Pajot Venezia 42 1994

Hello, also me I have just bought a V42 (in Turkey) 3 weeks ago.
At the moment I am in an Italian (northern Adriatic sea) shipyard for doing many works on the cat. I have planned to be ready for sailing at the end of July.

I am looking for manual user or any technical sheets regarding V42, due to the fact that unfortunately the old owner give me nothing with the cat...

If you have owner manual or other tech infos / data of the V42, can you please help me by sending me some scans?

I am very happy with the V42 at the moment; I take it from south of Turkey to northen of Adriatic sea in a no-stop sailing trip of about 10 days and it performs well (but not speedy due to the disaster state of the bottom hull, not clean at all).
I am anxious to see how it performs when it will be clean and with the 2 new folding props I have to install.

My V42 has the original sail plan that everybody says it is suitable for medium to big winds; I am design a bowsprit ofr a code-0 I hope helps me to increase the ligh wind performance.
Then I will buy a gennaker.

Before I had a Lipari 41 2014 (newer and probably as good as V42 for sailing performance) for 2 years. But I like experiment new (old) cats. I have to say that the V42 seems to me much solid and built better. But I will be more sharp in the next months...
Mpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 01:59   #5

Hi, I can't say I have very much information on the original specs of the Venezia. Only some diagrams of the original wiring and water systems which are certainly outdated after 30 years of changes. :-). I have the manual for the twobladed maxprops that could maybe help you and the original Handbook for the engines.

Send me a PM with what you need and I can try to send you scans (photos) .

I already sailed mine from western sizily to the north of Croatia, about 800 miles in the last 4 weeks and it was great. Over 8 Knots with an appearant windangle of 43 degrees. Never had perfect downwind conditions yet but she sails very good, well I already sanded and painted the bottom:-)
Old 28-06-2023, 03:21   #6

Very happy to meet you here!
I send to you a pm, but honestly I need everything you can have form Foutaine Pajot Venezia 42; so diagram for electrical and hydraulic schemes, owner manual, sailplan, ecc... I have no docs from the precedent owner so everything is welcome!!

I have read a lot of comments of owner of Venezia 42: everybody are agreed with the fact the V42 is a very solid costruction, but not very fast with light wind.

That's why I would like to put a big bowsprit on it and a generous code-0

Is your V42 with the original jib (about 28,5 sqm) or with a genoa (I suppose +12sqm of surface)?
Which kind of sail are you using?
Have you got folding/adjustable blade propellers?

Thanks for all!
Old 28-06-2023, 04:41   #7

Right now I fly the original spinnaker from the Venezia which is still in nearly mint condition. I plan to have new sails next year with a square top which adds about 10 m2 and a code zero. My boat already came with a bowsprit. I try to attach a picture. I will send you All I have when I have the time to copy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230628_133500.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	277425  
Old 28-06-2023, 05:42   #8

Thanks a lot!
For me it mush worthy all you can send me.

I am working to set up a bowsprit; please can you take a picture of the withholdings attached to the bows of the two hulls?
Next week I have to do the same in my V42 and I am in the position to decide how and where to drill the hull for putting them.
Thanks

Thanks again

Tags
rum