Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 18:31   #1

Boat: 28ft Newport...Trouble Maker
Sail Friend From Columbia River in Oregon

Columbia River Sailing Friend
Hi everyone....

I've been reading forums from here for awhile now, and I'm ready to say HI to everyone!

I have my sweet 28ft Newport Sailboat moored at Big Eddie Marina on the Columbia River. My husband baught her the first year we were
married...Just 3 years ago...Long story short...I talk alot...

I am getting everything set up for my First BIG trip in 2009...with or without my husband. My husband is a work acholic and so I need you all to help me thru the steps.

I've been trying to get him to live in Newport Harbor...Marina....and he was raised in Winchester Bay as a fisherman. We were just there!....I've fllin in love, what a cute bay....only 2 crabs though...but they were GREAT.

I'm going to check out the Columbia River Group....

You have a new friend in Gresham, Oregon. Add me to your buddie list, I find being new,...like me..to this forums, and this one is GREAT....it's easier to find the person I want to talk to that way.

Leslie
Lesmusic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 18:57   #2

Boat: Sceptre 41
Hi Leslie:

Beautiful spot on the Columbia River. Welcome to the forum. My Dad used to have a Newport 30. We sailed it on the SF Bay for five years or so. Wonderful boats. Where are you planning on going in 2009? I'll be taking my boat down the coast in 4/2008 to SF then in 7/08 to So cal and then in 11/08 on to Mexico. Good luck with your plans!!

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 19:20   #3

San Juans !?!?!

I was thinkin, San Juans. I call myself, The Lost MT. Hood Hippie from the 70's. The rain doesn't bother me, well....little..Rain.

I feel really safe on our Newport. I wasn't kinding, I thought sailboats were stupid..(was a Water skier and still a JET SKI rider) and now, alittle older and slower, (slower for me is still fast for most people) I FOUND MY PLACE! Now got alot of learning, which I have been doing for the last 2 years.

I am trying to get the boat ready...I want to do some remodeling..The galley needs redone, along with a few other things, not much though...BUT I want to redo the Galley NOW...typical woman..LOL

Would love pictures of other 28ft or so Newports. Love any ideas to make
my Little Girl ready....

I'm so ready for this adventure...been professional Musicain for 28 years, I'm tired...kids are gone, (most of the time) and I'm just ready.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:35   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Leslie,
Welcome aboard!! Good to have you here and hope you feel that your questions can get answered. There are lots of knowledgeable folks who keep giving great ideas.
I'm an original Oregonian from Salem but haven't lived there since '63 when I graduated from HS.
Nearly bought a Newport 30 once. Lots of living space for a 30 footer.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 14:26   #5

Hi everyone.... we just spent our ONE DAY off together looking at Newport Boats on line. Seems as if they are good racing boats. Not that we would be racing..LOL
We love our Boat! We need to redo our dodger this spring....any ideas?

Still looking for local sailers in my area....Columbia River.
Old 09-12-2007, 15:56   #6

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha again Leslie,
There was an earlier thread on dodger and bimini construction. I think if you did a search for either you'd find some very helpful hints.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 20:44   #7

Thanks John,

I'm so new to this Forum thing, but really like it for getting help, etc. and I thank you all for leading me the right way at times.

Question, What is Feeds? I have a feeling it's something to make things easier for me.

Tags
columbia, oregon