Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 15:30   #1

Boat: Jefferson 42 trawler
Saying hello and intro

Well I just checked when I started my membership here and it was in October 2015, so that being said I’ve been here sitting quietly on the side dreaming of one day being able to cruise the world. I’m now 52, I’ve owned and operated many boats from the age of 14, from a 16’ Alumicraft flat bottom bass boat, four or five different ski and go fast boats, a 28’ cabin cruiser, wave runners, 42’ Jefferson Trawler and back down to my current 23’ center console but never owned a real sailing vessel unless you allow me to add my old 14’ , 100 lb sunfish sailer I played in on Lake Nockamixon up in eastern Pennsylvania. I’ve watched many many YouTuber videos on people/families sailing the world, funny how they never show you that something is always broken or not working, and the constant maintenance it takes to keep a boat up and running like it should. My background is in Civil Engineering, which I’ve been involved in underground utilities all my work life, running heavy equipment I guess enticed me a bit as a kid, but I’ve always been drawn to the water, it calms me, feels at home, and it’s where I feel I belong.10 years ago we moved from Pennsylvania to Florida to be closer to the water, that beautiful blue clear color compared to the dark ugly green color up in New Jersey. I continued to work down here, WOW! What a difference in pay! Like 100k less per year for the same position, yet the houses and rate of living was close to the same, I thought that account that I was saving for a sailboat was lost. Anyway it’s a long story but I’m now been able to stop working as of Apri of 2021, I downsized so I could fish the flats and still be able to go in the gulf a few miles out, I’m on the water about 4 days aweek pending weather fishing solo or out hang with family on the islands near the Tampa Bay. 3 months ago I finally felt I was ready to start sailing. I have purchased every tool imaginable for a boat, storage containers coming out of my ears, but no boat. lol. I can’t make up my mind. I want a cat in the worst way, I don’t need a million dollar boat. I’m looking to purchase a 40’ cat or a 45’ mono. My daughter and her young son may be joining us and a cat would have more room for a 5 year old child. Oh my, this was supposed to just be an intro. ADHD STRIKES AGAIN.

HI, my name is Jeff, I’m 52, married and looking to buy a catamaran. I live in Florida

Have a great day y’all.
Jgoshow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:46   #2

Re: Saying hello and intro

Welcome to the group of active members!
SeanPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

« Sneaking back in | - »