Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2024, 10:10   #1

⛵ Unabashedly living the cliche

Hey all,

I just picked up my new home, a 1969 Ericson Mark I named Grace. She is beautiful, needs all the typical old boat work, and is extremely stark on amenities - but that's just a blank canvas to make my own. I am extremely new to liveaboards and sailing in general - I have about 4 hours on the water to date We (my dog Bash and I) moved onto Grace the second week of June 2024.

I run a Data Engineering/MLOps consulting firm from onboard, it is a bit more than full-time - but moving off the land has given me the ability to pick and choose contracts I am interested in (and not just the best paying options).

Grace is docked in a Marina near Deltaville VA for the moment, what a great town to be in when you are starting out sailing! Over the next month, we'll venture out for longer sails on the Chesapeake before making the bigger trip up the Delaware to Philly (my original home base). The plan is to hover from Philly to NY until after Hurricane season, then start down the coast for warmer climates right after the holidays. Cheers!
ethanknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2024, 10:44   #2
dlj

Boat: Belliure 41
Re: ⛵ Unabashedly living the cliche

Still got the Atomic 4 gasoline engine in her?

dj
dlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2024, 10:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlj View Post
Still got the Atomic 4 gasoline engine in her?

dj
Nope I’m lucky a few owners ago swapped in Y2GM20 and it’s been meticulously cared for. Of course I broke the oil pressure warning alarm first time out, but I assume that alarm is at least twice as old as the motor (which has less than 900 hours on it)
ethanknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2024, 11:10   #4
dlj

Boat: Belliure 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanknox View Post
Nope I’m lucky a few owners ago swapped in Y2GM20 and it’s been meticulously cared for. Of course I broke the oil pressure warning alarm first time out, but I assume that alarm is at least twice as old as the motor (which has less than 900 hours on it)
Sounds like she hasn't been used much since that engine was put in.

Deltaville is a good place to be. I've recommended that boat yard to several folks from overseas to have their boat there for a time. There's one friend who has his boat there right now. I think he's coming back in December, thereabouts. I'll likely be driving him from the airport down. If you are still there, I'd love to look at your boat.

dj
dlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2024, 08:03   #5

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome to CruisersForum!

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote