Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2015, 15:49   #1

Boat: Ericson 30+
Wicked Salty on Youtube

Hello Everyone,
My name is Wes and I have a girlfriend Kate. We have a little dog named Lola. We have recently bought and sailed our 1983 Ericson 30+ down the east coast from Scituate, MA to Biscayne Bay, Miami, ICW on the way down, before hopping across the Gulf Stream to Cat Cay Bahamas, cruised throughout the Bahamas and sailed back to Charleston, SC popping in the ICW on the way up.

You can view our entire trip, route/stops, on youtube at www.youtube.com/wickedsalty or search youtube/google --> Wicked Salty.
Our Instagrams for photos:
@wickedsaltywes
@katecapuzzo
Or our facebook at www.facebook.com/wickedsalty

Currently we are back in Charleston, SC in the process of hauling the boat and getting her ready to sell. We are going to want to cruise at a much more permanent living/more ocean passages scale so Parity has been a great starter boat but she will be burning a hole in my pocket until then... I have yet to throw it up anywhere else, youtube, facebook, craiglist, sailboatlistings, but this next week all that will be commencing. So you heard it first here.

We will be putting up a more descriptive ad on the Boat Selling thread, but I feel as though this is now integrated into our present story.
If you see the videos you can also see the boat before then.
Current selling price is: 19500
Just to settle that question.

We love cruising and have tons of footage from our Bahamas trip which we have just started releasing. You can join our journey now, we will be releasing 2 videos a week from the 3 months of the Bahamas footage of our trip, as well as footage all the way back home to where we are now!

We are trying to get back out for a MUCH larger scale trip ASAP!

Thanks all,
Wicked Salty Wes
@wickedsaltywes
wickedsalty1@gmail.com
Wicked Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 17:51   #2

Re: Wicked Salty on Youtube

Hey bro I am sub'd on your tube page. I was wondering what your next move was going to be. Congrats on a safe voyage there and back.

Currently in the Bvi sailing, this is where you need to be.
Islandnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 19:33   #3

Boat: Beneteau 38S first

HI Buddy's 3of yu

I liked ur videos and also knew this was going to happen U buying a bigger boat.
Look for something completely set up as a cruising boat this time and ul be 99% ready except for some repairs on the way which no one can escape. See U out there one year Good Luck.
Marcel
sailing 531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 19:52   #4

Boat: 1972 Tartan 34C Fleur De Mer

Hi Wes And Kate,

Loved your videos especially the honesty when things went wrong, gotta give you kudos on that!!
CDunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 06:53   #5

Thanks for the support all! Good to be here online talking about cruising until we get back out there.

Going to be keeping the videos going strong!
Old 20-07-2015, 07:05   #6

Ive seen your videos, it's some really awesome content.

If you're ever in Boston hit me up, Ill lend a hand to any projects you have going on.
c3po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 07:17   #7

Boat: Still Ogling

Hi Wes. I have been following your videos on YouTube, along with SV Delos, SV La Vagabond and others.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to make the videos. I hope you have a quick, easy sale of your current boat, and I'm looking forward to the next step in your adventure.
YachtOgler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 07:52   #8

Thanks so much! Ive heard the best day for a boat owner is the day you buy it and the day you sell it?.. or something like that. Parity has been an awesome boat and totally more than my expectations. She felt like the trip would be actually possible when we stepped on her and at the price we were looking. Crazy how it all came true.
Old 20-07-2015, 12:55   #9

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

We are quite jealous of you guys! My wife and I got back from the Bahamas about a month ago and we can't wait to get back. Unfortunately, the time there has only wet our appetite for the cruising lifestyle so we need to buckle down and make some improvements to the boat before heading back out again!

The production of your videos is very good. What do you guys use?
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 08:06   #10

We have filmed with a few cameras. Cannon S110, Cannon S120, GoPro HD Hero 2, GoPro 3+ is what I ended of mostly using. The S120 got lost.. in the Abacos and we lost a good amount of our crossing from Eleuthera sadly. Then from then on I had to just use the GoPro 24/7 for everything. So you'll see later footage all filmed with the GoPro because of that.. Gotta make it work somehow

I edit using Adobe Premiere CC

Thanks for watching and supporting!
Old 21-07-2015, 21:32   #11

Boat: Bristol 31.1

Look forward to seeing more adventures with the new cruiser. Parity served you well, and may launch someone else's new journey. Meanwhile, the videos of your trip south were nicely put together. Congrats on everything.
eastendsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt