Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2022, 20:05   #1

Boat: Looking
Will Crew for Adventure

Greetings sailors,

I have been pent up at university in the desert for a good decade. Before that I spent my summers leading up to and through my undergrad as a commercial fisherman in Alaska. Now I have a desk job and weeks of leave racked up.

I've been thinking I want to buy my own boat and make a sail around the world as well as figure out some part time remote work. But first, I'm hoping to check if I have the pallete for such adventure by cruising around the carribean for a while with some folks looking for some help on their boat.

I learned to cook on the diesel stove on the fishing boat. I was the deck boss or bosun seven of my eight fishing seasons. We didnt do many long runs so I only took a few solo wheel watches. I have basic familiarity with radio etiquette, less knowledge of maritime traffic rules. Now I have engineering degrees and the skills that come from years of experience building electrical and mechanical systems. I have also become something of a wiz with computers, networks and integrating complex systems. If that's the sort of thing that's valuable to anyone looking for crew, happy to provide that sort of expertise. Also, happy to just learn to sail.

I've managed to remain active so I can lift heavy things. I'm pretty handed, but I have a dodgey knee now. So anything like squats are out, for now. Been working that one with the docs but nothing definitive yet. Otherwise, I can eat and drink anything. I just don't really want tofu.

Hoping to get out somewhere warm for some weeks in January, February, April, June.. I don't know my schedule so well after that.

If you need a hand or want to meet someone new, drop me a line and we can talk a little.

Calm water and steady winds,
Andrew
Zeketronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2022, 03:53   #2
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Re: Will Crew for Adventure

I'm looking for someone that fits your qualifications around beginning of the 1st of May in Greece if that interests you drop me a line...
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 22:53   #3

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome.

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 22:23   #4

Boat: Looking

Ram, I sent a PM. Would you rather talk on videochat?

Thanks for the advice Adelie!
Zeketronics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew