Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2007, 18:54   #31

Boat: Voyage 38 Catamaran
TaoJones: No, this boat was in Grenada and still is. It was registered in the BVI's. I think that I remember seeing another Voyage 38 up further North, but it was a 2 cabin, 2 head version.
Old 28-08-2007, 19:54   #32
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Yes, that's the boat I almost bought - the two-cabin, two-head Voyage 38 in St. John. It was presented to me after a previous sale collapsed when the potential buyer, after having the vessel surveyed, backed out because he claimed he didn't know it only had two cabins.

For my purposes, that was ideal, and the boat was meticulously cared for. At $209k, the price the owner had previously accepted and vowed
never to take less, I felt it was overpriced. Still, it was hard to walk away from such a nice vessel.

TaoJones
Old 03-09-2007, 17:03   #33

Boat: Voyage 38 Catamaran
I decided that I really wanted 3 cabins. I first saw a Voyage 38 in Punta Gorda and was impressed but it was a little expensive ($230,000). I was apprehensive about buying in the Carib, but when I was sent a recent survey, I felt much better about it. My inspection and sea trial went well considering how long the boat has been on the hard. I was really impressed with its sailing ability. Now, I just have to wait until November until I can launch it.
Old 25-09-2007, 11:03   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
I had a small 26' Chrysler sloop with a slip in an often windy marina which I effectively single handed most of the time... even when I had several people aboard.

My fix was actually simple... I fixed a V-bridle I could power into with the small Volvo sail-drive and the bridle held the bow while I set the stern lines, killed the engines and the bridle would hold the boat in the slip so I didn't have to hop around too fast.

The V bridle was one long dock line from about midship on both side forming the top of the V and a short line to actually form the V which was tied to the forward dock. The height was about 3/4 the way from water line to the bow sprint. Had a few raised eye brows from some of the "old salts" but after a few windy weekends several other similar rigs some how "appeared".

This set up will also assist in pulling out of the slip more if you move the top of the V more toward the stern... possibly 3/4. This works very well if you have a dolphin pole that splits a finger slip into two. The really nice thing is that the white line stands out at night when your coming in late.
What I can't fathom, is why anyone would NOT want this setup. I have it and it's simply wonderful. I retrieve all the dock lines with my boat hook. Nobody moves off the boat till all the lines are secured. I watch others put their crew off so they can run forward and keep the bow off the dock! Huh? Line is cheap, humans aren't, most anyway.

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Docking