Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2014, 23:54   #211

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: Skipper's Duty Towards Refugees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
As an Australian, please forgive the heartless, bigoted government we have in Australia and unfortunately the great number of Australians we have who are very racist. It's an embarrassment.
Rule #1 of Australian politics... stopping the boats wins votes... (Pauline showed us that)..

Quote:
But, please don't think that all Australians have sips his low ethics or don't care about people. I'm convinced the great majority of Australians are a lot more open, humane and moral than what you may be hearing overseas.
Rule #2 of Australian politics... refer rule #1

Quote:
(Though I can't for the life of me see what that video has to do with you criticizing Australia?)
I don't think furriners can watch that video...pity that...
Old 17-10-2014, 04:30   #212
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by itnem80 View Post
I still don't see how your point of the middle eastern women fits in this discussion..
Yes, I realize that.
Quote:
I've lots of anger, but...
Don't feel bad. We have millions of people here in the U.S. who are just as angry as you are, for identical reasons. You'd be right at home here, particularly in the rural south. You even believe you can design better answers to complex, international socio-economic causes of immigration, based on your understanding right and wrong and your unique, simple brand of common sense. And you have no idea why those in charge don't understand and agree with you. We have millions here who believe those things, too.

I'm mildly surprised you haven't run for office based on this platform. People do it here all the time. In many places, they win a term in office. I'd urge you to try it there.
Quote:
If I were to make the rules, no refugee will set foot on my country before s/he has been vetted and granted right to stay (the same way it works for everyone else who travels, you first get a visa and then enter a country, not viceversa)
Didn't work for my people, won't work for yours. A better idea would be to study their language, because your children are going to need it. Ours do.

But whatever you do, don't stop fighting, and don't look for another solution.

Living together in peace won't accomplish any of your goals.
Old 17-10-2014, 04:32   #213
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

HI guys.

We think the thread has about run its course and is due for retiring. Many thanks for the comments and see you all in another thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
skipper