Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 13:17   #46

Re: Why People Anchor on Top of Other Boats

My choice is to anchor as far away from others and as close to where i need to go... such as shore to walk the dogs. In some anchorages there's not much choice and you have to find a hole where you can fit in... and hope everyone uses the same scope... the wind direction doesn't shift and that the adjacent boats are not on two anchors...

Many people are not skilled at anchoring and figuring out where their boat will lay/swing.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 14:01   #47

Boat: Tanzer 7.5 sailboat | Current Designs Solstice GTS kayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Antares View Post
woops, I mean Michael on SV Cambria. Anyone that has traveled in BVI before they installed moorings knows watching others anchor is true entertainment.
I think watching people tie up to mooring buoys is even more entertaining.

Tying up to a mooring buoy can actually be far harder then dropping an anchor which is a fairly simple task, and some people really struggle, normally husband and wife teams in powerboats are the best followed by husband and wife teams in sailboats who arrive with the sail covers still on.
alan_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 14:33   #48

Boat: Bombay PH 31

What i love best is ,
Im anchored all by myself for a reson. someone come in a mile wide river right up to my exposed spot.
then bitchs about my yappy lil dog( he actully B^&%#ing them out for being to close) and my "god i wish i couldnt hear it genarator".
Old 15-09-2011, 14:59   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyspc View Post
What i love best is ,
Im anchored all by myself for a reson. someone come in a mile wide river right up to my exposed spot.
then bitchs about my yappy lil dog( he actully B^&%#ing them out for being to close) and my "god i wish i couldnt hear it genarator".
Perfect anchor alarm! Maybe I'll get a dog just for that
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor