Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 13:28   #136

Boat: Ohlson 38
Re: Any Preppers ?

...but how will the Zombie apocalypse and fuel shortage affect my pension check?
Old 07-03-2012, 13:29   #137

Boat: 1982 Catalina 25 Yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
...but how will the Zombie apocalypse and fuel shortage affect my pension check?
As long as you have Direct Deposit, you should be unaffected.
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.
Old 07-03-2012, 14:15   #138

Boat: Krogen 58' Xiao Xiu
Send a message via MSN to JayCall

My big question is "How much do you stow away?" We are on a trawler so I can probably store away maybe 4,000 lbs of stuff. But, if Armageddon comes, how long does it take for Costco to reopen? Not knowing makes proper planning a bitch.

As to zombies, even though you can't kill them, you can shoot them full of holes, tie them to your Rocna, throw over the side and they will sink. Hope that your anchor holds!
Old 07-03-2012, 14:36   #139
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiver View Post
While zombies do use torpor in colder climates, they never completely stop. It may take it a month to get aboard.

Untrue. Get your zombie lore right. Northern climes are safer in winter due to the zombie freeze, but the spring thaw is notoriously risky, with frozen zombies under the snow slowly thawing. Ancient frozen zombies being thawed are the most common cause of infection. Knowledge will be your best defense during the coming zombie apocalypse, arm yourself accordingly!
Old 07-03-2012, 14:48   #140

Originally Posted by Seaduction
Wouldn't it be great if the entire world population were of the same Religion and the same Political system.
.. or people just kept their religion betweem themselves and their god, instead of trying to include everyone else?
Oh..... and can we get a 50% population decrease while were getting that? :>)

Old 07-03-2012, 14:53   #141

Boat: Gibson 50', Columbia 8.3, Harbor 20, Hunter 14, Trac 16, Several Lasers

I worry more about my lunatic, loose cannon neighbor than I do about end of days.
Old 07-03-2012, 15:05   #142
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

After reading all 10 pages of posts I have once again received a great education on the forum:
  1. This is not a thread about Dr. Pepper.
  2. 78.4% of all boat owners will be lost since without GPS, they will have no idea where they are, as thier DR and celestial skill are deficient.
  3. I need to get to Costco and eat all the freebees I can while I buying all the canned/preserved good I can to supplement my dehydrated hurricane supply food.
  4. Although there was no peer reviewed study provided, it is reported that Zombies cannot swim-- thank Heaven for that!!
  5. I should bring a good surfing kayak with me as there may be some bitch'n waves to ride.
However, this esteemed group has failed to account for the effect of possible radioactive fallout on the fish. We could see 60 foot great white sharks that see crusiers as an a dandy snack food- bet ya can't eat just one!

Bill
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 07-03-2012, 15:36   #143
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

do sharks eat zombies?
Old 07-03-2012, 15:38   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
do sharks eat zombies?
ha
good question.
i think this one eats sharks:
jaws james bond - Google Search
Old 07-03-2012, 15:42   #145
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
do sharks eat zombies?

Only if they want to become giant mutated 60 foot zombie-sharks. Oh no!! One more thing to prepare for...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	megalodon4g.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	38451  
Old 07-03-2012, 16:57   #146

Boat: 1982 Catalina 25 Yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
Untrue. Get your zombie lore right. Northern climes are safer in winter due to the zombie freeze, but the spring thaw is notoriously risky, with frozen zombies under the snow slowly thawing. Ancient frozen zombies being thawed are the most common cause of infection. Knowledge will be your best defense during the coming zombie apocalypse, arm yourself accordingly!
Studies have shown that even zombies thought to be frozen, in fact still move but at a greatly reduced rate. Ancient Frozen Zombies (AFZ's) witnessed today are not in the same location they were when frozen. In one famous observation (Hawthorne & Burnes Expedition) and AFZ was documented to have moved 15 feet, taking 5 full strides, in a period of 700 years. While effectively they can be considered frozen and immobile, even glacially locked Neanderthal Zombies (Zombus Cavemanus) evidence slight movement over time.
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.
Old 07-03-2012, 17:54   #147

Boat: Ohlson 38

Old 07-03-2012, 18:16   #148
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
So we have contingency plans that include a boat. We have places to go that are friendly and remote. Then we have options above that. Not perfect, but then again I ain't trying to outrun the bear, just the other travelers.
From your mouth...

Because you are correct. You don't have to be prepared for everything, just BETTER prepared than those around you...

I don't worry about the calender, asteroids, God's Wrath.

Earthquakes? Sure. Civic unrest? You bet. Himself lived in Detroit back in the day and I had family near Watts.

The house is made of old growth redwood, doesn't break, barely burns. Bolted and eyebeamed within an inch of its life. The pantry will feed us long enough for aid to arrive or for us to decide a change of scenery would be healthful for a while. The family plan for meeting, and fall backs, are in place. Most of us could walk home from work or school in a under an hour easily, barring injury or other obstacles.

The one member of the family who is across the bay is an avid distance biker and assures me he WILL get home in under 7 hours by biking to the south bay and then up the peninsula...

I think I fall into the group that was raised to feel that we have a fair degree of responsibility for our own well-being.

If the fit hits the shan that bad and nothing is going to help, then so be it. Hope we go in the first wave of whatever it is.

But it seems more likely to be *Something* less cataclysmic than the end of it all.. and in that event, I would rather have put a few plans and preparations in place. I was raised to take care of my family and I take that seriously.

So Zombies beware... the *Other Houses* are better targets.
PROMISE : - l

And if it is a catasylm and we survive the main event... well I figure we STILL have a heads up on survival over all the walking brain donors out there who haven't ever done anything to get ready for more of a challenge than a tough friday night at the local saloon...

So bring on the Hollywood scenario. It'll be an adventure ; -)

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 08-03-2012, 00:49   #149

Boat: Gib sea 43

Well my take is that every great civilisation in the past has came to a dramatic end, usually very suddenly, whos to say our current civilisation will be any different?

Maybe there is some collective subconscious knowing that the end is nigh? or maybe its just people being paranoid. The survival instinct is still within us.

The current civilisation may last for thousand of years more or may collapse tomorrow.

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then my keyboard must be a nuclear missile!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:36   #150
Armchair Bucketeer

I wonder what having sex with a Zombie babe would be like?

They do seem to get a bit excitable at times . and don't talk much . Not sure about their ironing skills.....

Just sayin'
Closed Thread