Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Cooking and Provisioning: Food & Drink
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2022, 04:16   #1

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Anyone Use Coleman RoadTrip 225 Tabletop Grill?

I'm becoming disenchanted with my Weber Q 1200 grill. I see these on sale at WalMart sometimes and I wonder if it'll work better. It's rated at 11,000 BTU/hr, as opposed to the Weber's 8,500.

Is it big enough to cook a half-dozen burgers or chicken thighs? How well does it handle wind? Is it easy to clean? Will it stand up to the marine environment if it stays mounted on deck, with a cover?

For the record, my problem with the Weber is it doesn't get hot enough. I've taken everything apart and cleaned it. I've run the "reset" procedure for their stupid regulator "safety" feature which randomly throttles back the flame if you open the tank too quickly or whatever. I'm tired of fighting it.

CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:16   #2

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5
Re: Anyone Use Coleman RoadTrip 225 Tabletop Grill?

I have this grill, but the stand up version. I like it a lot! It will meet your needs of volume of food that can be cooked. In terms of wind, it does well.
bensolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 17:00   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
I'm becoming disenchanted with my Weber Q 1200 grill. I see these on sale at WalMart sometimes and I wonder if it'll work better. It's rated at 11,000 BTU/hr, as opposed to the Weber's 8,500.

Is it big enough to cook a half-dozen burgers or chicken thighs? How well does it handle wind? Is it easy to clean? Will it stand up to the marine environment if it stays mounted on deck, with a cover?
<-------->
No, but thanks for the tip. It seems to have good ratings on Amazon.
http://https://www.amazon.com/Colema...81&sr=8-2&th=1

Ballenxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:47   #4

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
No, but thanks for the tip. It seems to have good ratings on Amazon.
And it's cheaper at WalMart. Around this time of year they sometimes put them on sale. Regularly around $175, but I've seen them for $150.

I'm thinking this may be the way to go. This will be my forth grill for this boat. The Magma I spent big on was a huge disappointment. The no-name Amazon Chinese stainless grill which replaced it was a bit better. The Weber Q was great at first but it lost it's mojo and barely gets warm now.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grill