Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Cooking and Provisioning: Food & Drink
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2022, 12:55   #31
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: Combo microwave/convection oven/air fryer recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda S View Post
We will have 2 spaces to put electric oven, microwave, air fryer or convection, and we're looking at the best combinations. As we're building the boat we have a little bit of wiggle room as far as size.
You need to consider what you use while on passage and what you use at anchor or moored.

For us, we only use a microwave during passages because we have prepared and frozen or even canned the meals beforehand. We also use a small rice cooker, which can be placed anywhere.

So we have one microwave which should be mounted in a gimbal (on the project list) and we have a Breville Pro convection oven with air fryer etc. which is mounted stationary.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 20:05   #32

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Venezia 42 Owner's Ver.

I'd love to switch to an electric oven, so recently I bought a Brandt to try out. What a disappointment! It got HOT on the outside!! So much that I couldn't touch it. I immediately nix'd it... Do you guys have similar experiences? And how do you deal with it? Do you find the same issue with more expensive brands like the Panasonics? Any recommendations?
Mainstay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 21:40   #33
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainstay View Post
I'd love to switch to an electric oven, so recently I bought a Brandt to try out. What a disappointment! It got HOT on the outside!! So much that I couldn't touch it. I immediately nix'd it... Do you guys have similar experiences? And how do you deal with it? Do you find the same issue with more expensive brands like the Panasonics? Any recommendations?
No, never had that experience. We’ve been using Breville countertop ovens for 5 years now. Convection, air fryer, dehydrator, dough proofing etc.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, oven