Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2021, 15:15   #16

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Drinking water in Great Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
Many boats operate with a composter. The Canadian officials never noted an issue.

You will have a tough time getting into Canada as they are under-vaccinated and brain damaged regarding COVID. Even vaccinated people from places with better numbers than theirs are not permitted at this time. Our good Canadian friend is living aboard in the Caribbean and may not go to the continental US or home to Canada. She can, however, travel with some effort to most of the Caribbean including the US territories. Duh!

I think Covid concerns are a topic for other threads, but Canada leads the world in first-dose vaccination levels, and will soon surpass most other countries for second dose.

The Canada/USA border remains closed to non-essential travel by mutual agreement. But it is slowly opening up. The next key date is July 21st. Unless cases start to rise dramatically due to the variants I bet the border will open up soon after that.
Old 28-06-2021, 15:18   #17

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
I've heard conflicting answers. I think it's a bit of a gray area as the rules were never written with them under consideration.

This is my understanding as well. I've never heard of anyone ever being checked, or even questioned, regarding their marine head set up. The poo police really seems to be an American thing (based on what I read here).
Old 28-06-2021, 16:02   #18

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
You will have a tough time getting into Canada as they are under-vaccinated and brain damaged regarding COVID. Even vaccinated people from places with better numbers than theirs are not permitted at this time. Our good Canadian friend is living aboard in the Caribbean and may not go to the continental US or home to Canada. She can, however, travel with some effort to most of the Caribbean including the US territories. Duh!
Maybe you should educate yourself on this before shooting off your mouth.
Lodesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 16:43   #19

Boat: Pearson 365 ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
This is my understanding as well. I've never heard of anyone ever being checked, or even questioned, regarding their marine head set up. The poo police really seems to be an American thing (based on what I read here).
That's funny mike - it's the first thing they ask us on the USA side ... we'll maybe second after life jackets.. do you have a head , let's see it ( and the y valve better be secured closed)

For the OP - marinas all have water, pump out is usually the thing driving you into them anyway! Superior , I might drink it ; Huron ... ehhhh; south of that - no way , I can't even stand the smell of it flushing the head some days. We have a regular kitchen type filter on our galley tap, but just in case anything comes through the marina water lines.
Svsumurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 08:59   #20

Boat: Beneteau 411

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
Useful info.
argalax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drinking water, great lakes, water