Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2017, 19:50   #151
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Prepper Boat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPZ View Post
Fact: as a poster has already brought up, and a simple google Paris France riots will prove it, France has riots breaking out all over the place.

Malmo Sweden is descending into the same chaos, with large portions of the city no go areas for the police and fire departments. Rape in Sweden has risen several thousand percent in the last several years - and its not white Swedish males.

Brussels Belgium has large areas of the city that you had better not go if you are not X (unable to state without being political). This is a fact, I know people who have been there in the last year.

These are just three examples, and there are many major cities in Europe with similar problems.

I am unable to say what the cause and real problem is without being political.

I spent altogether about 21 years in the UK and Germany between 1970 and 1995. I have family that still live there. It is not the same place anymore. If you fly in, go to a nice hotel, a business venue, and fly out again - or get way out in the country its not bad. But the big cities in large areas are a completely different story.

There's a news blackout on this, not completely, but very strong.
Yes. And yet you clearly state that you would walk around American hot spot cities. Im sorry, it doesnt make sense. I could not go to emergencies in Detroit without a police presence for anything, and the entire city I had to be vigilant in. There are places in the world where the troubles have been dumped on and yet you infer that the only safe places are the ones you name and America is safer? You talk about a news blackout in Europe and its 'worse' than reported........... you do know Disneyworld is a place under constant patrol for paedophilia and kidnapping right? Or has that been hidden from the media for financial reasons?

I will state categorically that in most if not 90% of European cities, it is a lot safer than the American cities you prefer to walk around. Of course there are places to be wary of, but to slash at Europe in general is not a good thing. Please dont pick areas that are known for being trouble.

The world is changing but America has has tension in certain cities for MANY years and is NOT safe there period. I speak from a medical perspective and from sustained injuries when trying to help others.

I FEEL safer in Paris in the centre and the suburbs than in Detroit and Chicago. I keep away from certain areas, because why would I go to a known danger zone?

Given the choice, I would not go to ANYWHERE known for its immediate and present danger. The handling of the humanitarian crisis is having a whole new issue in certain areas all on its own........... So very sad for these locations. It makes me angry but no one consulted me on the immigration problems... and frankly, its Malmos problem, and Paris problem and everyone keeps their highly paid jobs whilst they "try and sort " it over many years.... just the same as the cities in the States.

It sucks and blows bubbles yet in all of it.... Here in Spain for the majority of cities girls and women can walk the streets at 3am and have no problems. You might get yer Bicycle stolen but generally.....

There is not an America and the rest of the world. The USA has the same issues..
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 19:58   #152

Boat: wanting a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Yes. And yet you clearly state that you would walk around American hot spot cities. Im sorry, it doesnt make sense. I could not go to emergencies in Detroit without a police presence for anything, and the entire city I had to be vigilant in. There are places in the world where the troubles have been dumped on and yet you infer that the only safe places are the ones you name and America is safer? You talk about a news blackout in Europe and its 'worse' than reported........... you do know Disneyworld is a place under constant patrol for paedophilia and kidnapping right? Or has that been hidden from the media for financial reasons?

I will state categorically that in most if not 90% of European cities, it is a lot safer than the American cities you prefer to walk around. Of course there are places to be wary of, but to slash at Europe in general is not a good thing. Please dont pick areas that are known for being trouble.

The world is changing but America has has tension in certain cities for MANY years and is NOT safe there period. I speak from a medical perspective and from sustained injuries when trying to help others.

I FEEL safer in Paris in the centre and the suburbs than in Detroit and Chicago. I keep away from certain areas, because why would I go to a known danger zone?

Given the choice, I would not go to ANYWHERE known for its immediate and present danger. The handling of the humanitarian crisis is having a whole new issue in certain areas all on its own........... So very sad for these locations. It makes me angry but no one consulted me on the immigration problems... and frankly, its Malmos problem, and Paris problem and everyone keeps their highly paid jobs whilst they "try and sort " it over many years.... just the same as the cities in the States.

It sucks and blows bubbles yet in all of it.... Here in Spain for the majority of cities girls and women can walk the streets at 3am and have no problems. You might get yer Bicycle stolen but generally.....

There is not an America and the rest of the world. The USA has the same issues..
And all of those cities and the problems they suffer have been dominated by liberal democrat policies that have done nothing to improve the plight of the poor. Lip service and good intentions have kept most on the political democratic plantation, because they don't care as long as they get the votes.

It is the biggest shameful scam in our history but the media ignores it...

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 20:11   #153
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Let me tell you what happened last Sunday at 4am.
I cycled home and along the way is a late night coffee shop that does a killer cake... as I got close.. I saw them locking the doors.
I threw up my hands in exasperation.

As I cycled past, a police car pulled along side me so I stopped.. you would wouldnt you.. I always answer in English to play the tourist angle if a problem..the guy laughed and said, "we got the last cakes and coffee..." turns out he had spent time in Reading in the UK.... for those that know it, enough said.

He handed me a slice of cake and poured me a coffee added sugar and then off they went...

I love Spain.
Old 21-02-2017, 20:26   #154
RPZ

Quote:

Yes, Detroit is a virtual no mans land. I live in Houston, I have worked in some of the worst parts of the city over a period of 19 years. Yes, there is crime here, and yes there are places I stay away from if I can. But I can walk anywhere in the downtown area, at night.

I'd forgotten Spain - and Portugal. They are probably two of the least affected other than Iceland along with Switzerland, Hungary, Czech and Austria.

And I have no doubt what you say is true. Fact is, in Koeln, Brussels, Malmo, Olso, Helsinki, Copenhagen, and a long list of others your wife and 13 year old daughter could have walked back home from a family friends home at night a while back. Not now.

There's a reason for this, and it is not just some decline in the morals of the indigenous male population. It is not a humanitarian crisis, because these people are for the 98%, young adult males (where are the families????), and of a single religious persuasion; there are none of the other dominant religious persuasion being "imported". Its an invasion, and Europe is beginning to see its folly.
RPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 21:07   #155
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

The difference today is staggering. Paris, Brussels and Stockholm are burning. This isn't just some riots, this is civil war raging in terrorist strongholds in those cities and the only options left to the governments is either capitulate or open fire. This is going to get much worse before it gets better.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 21:24   #156

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPZ View Post
It is not a humanitarian crisis, because these people are for the 98%, young adult males (where are the families????), and of a single religious persuasion; there are none of the other dominant religious persuasion being "imported". Its an invasion, and Europe is beginning to see its folly.
Slight exaggeration?

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statist...lum_statistics

More than four in five (83 %) of the first time asylum seekers in the EU-28 in 2015 were less than 35 years old (see Figure 4); those in the age range 18–34 years accounted for slightly more than half (53 %) of the total number of first time applicants, while nearly 3 in 10 (29 %) applicants were minors aged less than 18 years old.

Among the younger age groups, males accounted for 55 % of the total number of applicants in 2015. There was a greater degree of gender inequality for asylum applicants who were 14–17 or 18–34 years old, where around 80 % of applicants were male,

So for every 1000 refugees, 530 (53%) were "young adults" (but I may be stretching it to include over 30's in that category))
Of these 424 were male. (80% of 53%)

So your 98% is at most 42.4%.

And an interesting comment I came across elsewhere:
"Almost all are a vanguard for families waiting to follow them. You don’t send a mother or a grandfather to scout a route to a new home. You send the hardiest and least vulnerable—males in their late teens to middle age."
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 21:27   #157
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

So now that most European cities have been exonerated....

Lets leave the immigration/islamic situation firmly alone. We are not permitted to be part of the solution and need to concentrate on being self sufficient against zombies and Justin Bieber.
Old 21-02-2017, 21:34   #158
RPZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Slight exaggeration?

Asylum statistics - Statistics Explained

More than four in five (83 %) of the first time asylum seekers in the EU-28 in 2015 were less than 35 years old (see Figure 4); those in the age range 18–34 years accounted for slightly more than half (53 %) of the total number of first time applicants, while nearly 3 in 10 (29 %) applicants were minors aged less than 18 years old.

Among the younger age groups, males accounted for 55 % of the total number of applicants in 2015. There was a greater degree of gender inequality for asylum applicants who were 14–17 or 18–34 years old, where around 80 % of applicants were male,

So for every 1000 refugees, 530 (53%) where "young adults" (but t may be stretching it to include over 30's in that category))
Of these 424 were male. (80% of 53%)

So your 98% is at most 42.4%.
They're lying flat out. I know people that LIVE there, and I have seen raw footage for myself of them marching along the roads from the ports and borders, and in the camps. These are not families, not single women, not old men and old women. And they are of one particular religious persuasion.

Ask their "official" mouthpieces what's the religious breakdown of these so-called "refugees". See if you'll get an honest answer on that one.

They're not just being poured into big cities, but even small rural towns.
Old 21-02-2017, 21:35   #159
RPZ

Quote:
So now that most European cities have been exonerated....

Lets leave the immigration/islamic situation firmly alone. We are not permitted to be part of the solution and need to concentrate on being self sufficient against zombies and Justin Bieber.
Right.

But at least folks can see that just because "all is well" now, things can rapidly change. Hence the need for prepper boats.
Old 21-02-2017, 21:37   #160

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Darn it, I could have just gone here and got the same figure without having to do the math.

Asylum seekers from non-European origins more likely to be young adult men | Pew Research Center

42% males 18-34
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 21:38   #161
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

you hoo..

Boat forum?

Enough.
Old 21-02-2017, 21:50   #162

I love Spain. Especially the excellent pork products. Jamon Iberico yum! The assertion that it is somehow different or doesnt have the same problems as the rest of Europe is naive.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/2...-migrants.html

Its also not that different from tbe US. I have a brother in law who is a cop in Cacares. He is a total redneck. His dream is to be a cop in the US because then he could have a gun and get to shoot people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	141727  
Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 21:53   #163
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delancey View Post
I love Spain. Especially the excellent pork products. Jamon Iberico yum!
Personally, and its all personal, I prefer the foreleg (Paleta) and I prefer the Jamon Serrano.. Somehow sweeter and more flavoursome..

But then I eat the Iberico as well...
Old 21-02-2017, 21:54   #164
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
you hoo..

Boat forum?

Enough.