Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2017, 22:02   #166
RPZ

Re: Prepper Boat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Personally, and its all personal, I prefer the foreleg (Paleta) and I prefer the Jamon Serrano.. Somehow sweeter and more flavoursome..

But then I eat the Iberico as well...
One of my German favorites; schweine haxe, with cream potatoes and sauerkraut.

I rarely eat pork in the U.S. ... European pork is like a different animal, and I am convinced it is what they are fed.
RPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 22:05   #167
RPZ

Deleted
RPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 22:09   #168

Boat: wanting a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPZ View Post
One of my German favorites; schweine haxe, with cream potatoes and sauerkraut.

I rarely eat pork in the U.S. ... European pork is like a different animal, and I am convinced it is what they are fed.
Jaegerschnitzel does come to mind...

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 22:21   #169

Spanish history lesson- Spain was ruled by the moors until the reconcista in 1492. ISIS wants it back. I always ask Spanish people if their love of pork has anything to do with their history, they always say yes.
Attached Images

Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 22:22   #170

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Darn it, I could have just gone here and got the same figure without having to do the math.

Asylum seekers from non-European origins more likely to be young adult men | Pew Research Center

42% males 18-34
Indeed. Quite a few people fleeing the draft there...
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 22:24   #171

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
Yeah, just wait and see what happens if the grid goes down; no potable water, empty supermarket shelves, no welfare check, no a/c for a week or two. Not zombies, just desperate people out of control. Just ask anyone was in New Orleans a few years back for a mere snapshot.
Actually most of those stories of mayhem in New Orleans turned out not to be true afterwards. The reality on the ground was of people helping each other out, not preying on each other.

Our media will latch on to one story, and multiply and magnify it. And thus the fact get obscured that in general most people are nice people, who wish their neighbour no ill, and who will help each other in a crisis.
Old 21-02-2017, 22:33   #172

Quote:
Fact: as a poster has already brought up, and a simple google Paris France riots will prove it, France has riots breaking out all over the place.
Google does not tell you anything about the extent of the riots, only about the extent of the reporting on those riots.

You are displaying the same kind of bias as a European who thinks that mass school shootings in the US are a daily occurrence...

Quote:
Malmo Sweden is descending into the same chaos, with large portions of the city no go areas for the police and fire departments. Rape in Sweden has risen several thousand percent in the last several years - and its not white Swedish males.
That is actually not true. I've been there. And I know the oft repeated "fact" of Sweden being the "rape capital". That is just an artificat of the way Sweden collects rape statistics, nothing more.

Quote:
Brussels Belgium has large areas of the city that you had better not go if you are not X (unable to state without being political). This is a fact, I know people who have been there in the last year.
And I know people who live there. And I go there myself. I've actually lived there (but that was a while ago) Brussels is not my favorite city. But the press is again exaggerating massively here.

Newspapers and TV stations are in the business of making money. "If it bleeds it leads", and as a result bad news dominates, and a single incident gets picked up, amplified, editorialised until you get the impression that a lot more is going on than there really is.

Quote:
There's a news blackout on this, not completely, but very strong.
There is no new s blackout. There is news amplification. It is utterly weird how the MSM gets accused of playing things down when they are observably doing the exact opposite.
Old 21-02-2017, 22:41   #173

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot

A 22-calibre rimfire cartridge will kill (usually eventually), but a 45-calibre ACP will quickly take down an enemy. (Gee, what horrible thought on a boating forum designed for joy.)
Old 21-02-2017, 23:19   #174

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8

Take this with a grain of salt if you want it's not my opinion it's just what I heard. In 1984 the FBI had a shootout in Miami. it was two guys against three carloads of FBI agents. these guys were armed to the teeth against 9mm and 38s. Let's just say they put a Hurtin on the FBI. The FBI decided a 10 millimeter would be more effective.Smith & Wesson got the contract so that's how we have the 40 . Now the point of me posting this is to say FBI went back to 9 millimeter and the reason was,well the agents were bad shots! The 40 was too powerful ( made them less accurate) and the 9 gave a couple more rounds. I have almost no experience with guns but I thought this was interesting. I'm sorry I can't remember where I got my information but I believe it to be true. Edit I think the shootout and S&W contract was in a PBS documentary.
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 23:23   #175
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
A 22-calibre rimfire cartridge will kill (usually eventually), but a 45-calibre ACP will quickly take down an enemy. (Gee, what horrible thought on a boating forum designed for joy.)
Actually when.I posted that I was thinking of taking small game in a survival situation or delivering the kill to a halibut or some other large fish before bringing it on the deck.
Old 21-02-2017, 23:30   #176

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Actually when.I posted that I was thinking of taking small game in a survival situation or delivering the kill to a halibut or some other large fish before bringing it on the deck.
Well, the 22 should work handily. I've killed a couple of rats making holes in my house, using mini-shot-gun shells from a 22-calibre pistol. (Would that be illegal in Australia and Europe?)
Old 21-02-2017, 23:30   #177

There are 25 caliber Springer rifles (air) that I think would be perfect for this. they're only one shot but they're powerful, accurate , quiet and the ammo costs almost nothing. And you can carry 500 rounds in a little tin. And one more thing, you can probably buy a couple thousand rounds without being put on a terrorist list. Notice I said probably :-) And one more very important thing to add. it costs almost nothing to practice and you can do it at places where you couldn't shoot a 22.
Old 21-02-2017, 23:33   #178
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowhawk1 View Post
There are 25 caliber Springerrifles (air) that I think would be perfect for this. they're only one shot but they're powerful, accurate , quiet and the ammo costs almost nothing.
I have taken many rabbit with a Sheridan .22 cal air rifle to.
Old 22-02-2017, 03:24   #179

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Head View Post
It's more than just the MSM. Upon reading your post I searched for and located an associated article from The Telegraph. I viewed the page and saw a few seconds of a video/news broadcast that threw an error "SAS GEO ERROR" "This video is not authorized in your location"

Censorship large and in effect.
get google chrome, get the browsec add on, change your internet location to one of 4 places in the world. then see if you can watch.
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 10:00   #180

One more note about air rifles. As a kid we used to shoot BB guns at paper targets with a cloth behind them inside a cardboard box and we would reuse the BB's over and over again. I would think this would also work with pellets.