Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 05:12   #31

Boat: Catalina 470
Re: Rainman Desalinization

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
We saw Rainman at the Istanbul boat show and it was a nice unit to look at - but we had a few issues - what do we need 30g/hr capacity for with just 2 of us (that can be said for a lot of units) second was the energy requirements as we do not have a generator and after 10 years underway see no reason to get one, third the price was a bit high -
But it was a well built unit and the folks were very knowledgeable

ps we have a katadyn e80 and it runs off our solar panels and runs underway and is modular so we have it scattered throughout the boat and we have no issue with running it a couple of hours a day or more - to meet our needs

if I had a huge boat with lots of power we would look at a Rainman
Hi Chuckr, don't really understand the "the price was abit high" comment. I looked at a number of units and the Rainman was very competively priced, particularly in usd or euros?
I cruised for eight years with a katadyn 80e, it served me well but it can't really be compared to a high volume ac driven watermaker. People have different requirements, I now very much prefer the luxury of lots of water.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote