Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2021, 09:58   #1

Boat: sabre 456 and leopard 42
Replacement Grill

Anyone adapted a travel Napoleon grill to mount on their rail? Not enamored with Magna and this grill offers two burners!
Napoleon TravelQ 12000 BTU 29 Inch Wide Dual Burner Liquid Propane Portable Grill
sowwaninii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 09:31   #2

Boat: Outbound 46
Re: Replacement Grill

Hi,
We also were not satisfied with the marine options which we found were not very good quality and were much more expensive. we chose to buy a regular small weber grill and build a custom mount for our sailboat. we had one of these on our last boat for a couple of years and it worked very well. We got a new boat for us last year and just built the mount for this grill last month.
We had a small table made for us out of starboard which is UV resistant and quite strong.
We then drilled holes in the feet of the grill and screwed the grill directly into the table.
We then ended up clamping the table directly to the monitor Windvane System near the swing gate. This required drilling holes through some railings and some tricky maneuvering to line up all the clamps and holes and screws to attach the table to the clamps but made sure everything was very secure. The clamps also allow us to remove the grill when under sale.
My partner did most of the planning and building for this so she can probably explain better than me. I have attached a photo.
Hope this helps,
Tiffany
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7E7EFB0E-9EF3-45AD-8F93-15F76E27BFA0.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	241995  
Blindsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 17:18   #3

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Re: Replacement Grill

I took a Dickenson SeaBQue and added a sear plate to it that I bought on fleabay. It's a screamer now. It pegs at 700 degrees in just a few minutes.
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grill, men