Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2021, 09:13   #61

Re: Water in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
I've often wondered about this. It seems like a great idea. Have you used it long enough to feel confident it'll last?
I've had it a couple of years now. I bought one with standard size filters for ease of replacement. I think most are really. My home pressure system is 65 psi but lowers to 50 psi before re pressurizing. Seems to work great. At the price, any component including the little membrane wouldn't be a show stopper to replace.
They come with a sturdy separate faucet to get your RO water from. The pressure tank will put out clean water for maybe 2 minutes prior to needing to rebuild RO water.
The only down side I can think of for a boat might be your pressure pump may run off and on as it makes water slowly until the accumulator tank is full? or each time you use much of the RO water?

I previously had a UV unit. It works well but requires 120VAC. It heats the water though, so it should have an accumulator tank anyway or you'll be drinking hot water.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico