Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 05:35   #106

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)
Re: Weber Q1200 Grill on a boat

I'm thinking of buying a Weber Q1200 to try out and I have a question. Can it be hooked up to a regular propane tank? Does it have the diameter and threads for a standard propane valve (like a regular home BBQ)?
Copacabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:50   #107

It is set up to use the small one pound propane bottles. But you can buy an adapter hose that will connect it to the large cylinder
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:56   #108

Boat: 1998 Manta 40

Yes. We installed an adapter with a quick connect and plumbed directly to our main propane tank on the boat. Plumbed into a y adapter after the solenoid to allow burning residual propane in the line after each use.
texpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:33   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
I'm thinking of buying a Weber Q1200 to try out and I have a question. Can it be hooked up to a regular propane tank? Does it have the diameter and threads for a standard propane valve (like a regular home BBQ)?
You would need this hose or an adaptor:

https://www.amazon.com/SHINESTAR-Con.../dp/B01LYRFJF1
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:35   #110

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
Yep.

6-Feet Adapter Hose for Weber Q-series and Gas Go-Anywhere Grills, Compared to the Weber 6501 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C5NYDT5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_7R8dCbAERQ5GY
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:00   #111

Boat: Corbin Ketch 39ft

Of course you could just cut the hose at the regulator and splice in whatever length needed to standard regulator and bottle. That is what I did
Jubilee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:14   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee39 View Post
Of course you could just cut the hose at the regulator and splice in whatever length needed to standard regulator and bottle. That is what I did
Thanks for the reply Jubilee. I've had to make all my own hoses here in Brazil for the BBQs I've bought in North America. I'm just wondering if the regular BBQ hose end fits on the Weber BBQ. The other end I have to cut and add a fitting for Brazilian propane tanks.
Old 30-12-2018, 23:32   #113

Boat: Schionning Waterline 1480

I bought a weber q 1200 today with the intention of getting the magma clamps or attach to a filleting bench.

I thought the bbq would have screw holes on the feet to mount it but nothing. I see only one pic in this thread with U bolts on the feet all others seem to have nothing visable.

How has everyone attached theirs to the mount.
Old 31-12-2018, 02:27   #114

Mine sits on these, i bought my Q1200 from Barbeques Galore in Bundy and they put me onto them, solidly built......

Alzone Webber Q Deck Mounting Kit 32mm
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 03:06   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
Mine sits on these, i bought my Q1200 from Barbeques Galore in Bundy and they put me onto them, solidly built......

Thanks they look the part, that mounting clamp plate will work just fine.

Do you have any problems with them slipping around in rough weather ?
Old 31-12-2018, 03:24   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Thanks they look the part, that mounting clamp plate will work just fine.

Do you have any problems with them slipping around in rough weather ?
I haven't had any problems with slipping, i did make up another bracket going down to the second rail on the taffrail but have not used it in the 3 years I've had it, if its to rough i put it away anyhow.....
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 04:46   #117

I drilled a hole through the bottom of each foot and used quarter inch Bolt
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 05:08   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by motion30 View Post
I drilled a hole through the bottom of each foot and used quarter inch Bolt
I did the same with the bolt running up through the foot. The nut is inside the foot for lack of a better description.
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 03:57   #119

I just got my Weber Q-1000 on Saturday. After reading all the positive reviews here, I decided to buy one to use at home (and eventually on the boat when my new Dickinson wears out). I must say, there’s a lot to like. First of all, the BBQ seems very solidly constructed and durable. The cooking area is considerably bigger than the Dickinson. With the exception of a few screws, there is nothing on the BBQ to rust or corrode. I really like the bottom part that channels any fat directly and quickly into the grease dish. The Dickinson has one too, but it is not as efficient and it can flare up when cooking fatty meats. The Weber is also much easier to clean. The grill is nice heavy cast iron with a glazed coating that is easy to clean and the bottom part can be cleaned without having to remove the burner. I have used it twice and I have found the temperature range is terrific for both searing and slower cooking. Perhaps the only thing I can find that could be improved is the matt finish powder coating of the aluminum base and lid. A glossy coating would make cleaning much easier.

I’ve been a big fan of the Dickinson Sea-B-Q for years (on my second one and still have the first one- no rust at all!), but I have had to replace the burner on it every year or so due to corrosion. I’m hoping the Weber doesn’t have this problem. I think the burner will last longer on the Weber due to the fact that it is protected by the grill and no fat can drip directly on the burner. I’d love to hear from long time users about the longevity of the burner.

A final observation- it’s a pretty big BBQ and it will take up considerable space on the rail (or wherever it is mounted), so smaller boats may find this a challenge. Otherwise, it could very well be the ideal boat BBQ!
Old 21-01-2019, 04:07   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post

Thanks, got my alzone mounts today, nice people to deal with. The mount looks good, I'll fit it up on Friday.

Tags
Grill