Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2009, 05:47   #16

Boat: 2010 Leopard 38
We are leaving from New Port Richey around the 2nd of June to go to Bimini. We are going to spend a few days in Key West and then head up to Marathon and cross from there as we did last year. We will most likely be "around" Bimini for a week (13th of June) and then heading back as I can't get enough time off to do the Exumas again this year. (all subject to change based on WX)

We have a 5 year old girl who would love to have some company then.

Brian
RonRicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 06:00   #17

Boat: Morgan OI 33 - Island Girl
Hi Brian,
I can't seem to PM you so I'll post here. Is your boat in NPR or on the East Coast?
Kristen
horlerfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 17:24   #18

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post

However, the 2007 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) rates the probability of such links as “more likely than not”.

I don't care much for the IPCC. Lots of politics and not enough science IMO.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 05:58   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
I don't care much for the IPCC. Lots of politics and not enough science IMO.
Thanks for that detailed cogent analysis of the scientific merits underlying the IPCC Reports.

IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

The IPCC is a scientific panel created by the UN Environmental Organization (UNEO) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), whose role is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open and transparent basis the latest scientific, technical and socio-economic literature produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change, its observed and projected impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
Once every five or six years it issues a report summarizing the current status of research on climate change.
Only inasmuch as the subjects of debate will be possible solutions, distribution of the burdens and the structure of the future, can the IPCC be viewed as a political entity.

My apologies for the rant.

Unsupported & simplistic sweeping generalizations particularly infuriate me.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 06:40   #20

Boat: 2010 Leopard 38
Hey Kristin, I will check my settings on the PM, but we and the boat are in NPR.

Brian
RonRicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 06:53   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
... Unsupported & simplistic sweeping generalizations particularly infuriate me.
I should have admitted ... especially when they don't support my own emotional biases.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 09:53   #22

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
I should have admitted ... especially when they don't support my own emotional biases.
Well, thanks for that Gord.

I have some references I have read in the past that support what is my opinion of the IPPC. They are somewhere. If you insist I may be able to dig them up for you but I would rather just state my opinion here as the great debate is on another forum and that subject I cover there.

Besides, I have a new-to-me boat and now have less time to sit at this computer waiting to be called out to work. Instead I am reading manuals and making lists of things to do with the boat to make it "mine".

Is that OK?
Old 21-05-2009, 10:55   #23

I agree with i2f. If you have kids and limited time, children of all ages would have the most fun in 2 or 3 weeks in the Exumas: giant iguanas at Allen’s Cay - eeeeewwwwww!, swimming pigs at Big Major Spot, the grotto and party town at Staniel Cay, the park at Waderick Wells, and if you have time, George Town - probably the cruising sailboat capital of the world.

Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 14:19   #24

Quote:
Thanks for that detailed cogent analysis of the scientific merits underlying the IPCC Reports.

IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

The IPCC is a scientific panel created by the UN Environmental Organization (UNEO) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), whose role is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open and transparent basis the latest scientific, technical and socio-economic literature produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change, its observed and projected impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
Once every five or six years it issues a report summarizing the current status of research on climate change.
Only inasmuch as the subjects of debate will be possible solutions, distribution of the burdens and the structure of the future, can the IPCC be viewed as a political entity.

My apologies for the rant.
Unsupported & simplistic sweeping generalizations particularly infuriate me.
I understand this is continuing in the realm of off topic but..........well.........that last sentence is, umm......well........./......nevermind...........

Anyway, here..........

The IPCC under the Microscope

Tags
Bahamas