Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2013, 02:54   #106

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: How Many Pairs of Shoes do you Carry Aboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
I consider one pair of socks in the wash as an indication of a bad week?
Socks?
You have socks on board LOL?

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 04:22   #107
CLOD

Boat: none
I just counted , counting my slippers I have 5 pairs of shoes on the boat
Old 13-10-2013, 05:15   #108

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40
Well, working on mine sites and big city offices and playing on beaches and coral reefs, I have a grand total of ten shoes.

That means 4 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of thongs/flip flops/jandals.

My woman has 14 shoes .... but them again... she is a woman and is forgiven 100%.

Jimbo485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 05:55   #109

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo485 View Post
My woman has 14 shoes .... but them again... she is a woman and is forgiven 100%.

She reads the forum too, doesn't she?
Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 06:03   #110

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody-NS27 View Post

She reads the forum too, doesn't she?
Sure. And? She knows I understand her desire for additional shoes. I am understanding. She is, too. So what?

Jimbo485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 07:11   #111

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built

My wife came up with this idea for a shoe rack custom made of canvas. It kept our "everyday" shoes off the cabin sole and out of the way on our PDQ32.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Classy Cat 98.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	68596  
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 08:22   #112

In the summer we each have lightly used pair of Sebagos, a couple or rubber clogs, a few pair of boots, plus what we are wearing... deck shoes
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 08:45   #113
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw58ph View Post
This discussion really hits home, errr boat, as I have so many shoes I have to hide them from my wife. When I have to many shoes laying around the boat she will throw them down the hall, which is a hint I should pick them up and put them away.

I change cloths at least 4 times a day which usually requires a different pair of shoes to match. The PNW has 4 season, which requires cloths for each season and each out fit should have a pair of shoes to match. Right!

However, my wife takes it instead, if she see a pair that she know I would die for she will phone me, to let me know I should at least check them out. However, many times a new pair of shoes requires a new out fit also, which might lead to finding a different new out fit which requires a different pair of shoes. New shoes require new cloths, new cloths require new shoes. So it can become a vicious circle.

My wise loving wife knew I am a shoe/cloths hog when she bought the boat, and is one of the reasons she bought the Eagle as it has 3 staterooms and a walk in closet. So it’s mostly my wife’s fault I have so many cloths and shoes. Right!
I dont change clothes but maybe twice a week!!? My GF has always bought my clothes and shoes and even dresses me,I have more shoes than most women!! I only wear one pair at a time(weeks,months?) , and usually will wear them out before moving into the next pair..She buys me Timberland boat shoes made of soft rubber soles and gets angry when I wear them around the house( not their intended purpose!) I say "flush fashion" all I need is a loin cloth and a large knife!! course I dont wear it on sundays..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 10:09   #114

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Take heart, Folks! No matter how many shoes you have, Imelda Marcos have you beat by a few thousands; the former first lady of the Philippines.

Mauritz
While sailing, two pairs max!
Old 13-10-2013, 15:21   #115

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Socks?
You have socks on board LOL?
A throw back to my semi retired days and I hate waste so cannot throw them away. I'd donate them to a homeless person but one doesn't tend to come across many of them out here. Guess I am stuck with them and will just have to live in hope of a cold snap sometime.
RaymondR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 15:44   #116

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I dont change clothes but maybe twice a week!!? My GF has always bought my clothes and shoes and even dresses me,I have more shoes than most women!! I only wear one pair at a time(weeks,months?) , and usually will wear them out before moving into the next pair..She buys me Timberland boat shoes made of soft rubber soles and gets angry when I wear them around the house( not their intended purpose!) I say "flush fashion" all I need is a loin cloth and a large knife!! course I dont wear it on sundays..
The knife? Or the loincloth?
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 11:25   #117

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

Maya Coupe, Maya Coupe, Maya Maxima Coupe! This week end I bought another two pair of shoes. Now it’s not really my fault! Yesterday was Columbus Day, holiday, and my wife develop a migraine, so not to disturb her, being a loving/thoughtful/wonderful husband, I decide best to leave the boat! I had my blue and pink duties done, so there was not much else to do except go shopping! Actually I would have bought only one pair, but they had a sale buy one and get the second pair of ˝ price. So what was I due to?
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 23:49   #118

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknav View Post
Take heart, Folks! No matter how many shoes you have, Imelda Marcos have you beat by a few thousands; the former first lady of the Philippines.

Mauritz
While sailing, two pairs max!
I've talked with a lot of women about the 4000 pairs of shoes Imelda.Funny - none of them ever thought 4000 was too many. Their only concern was:

"Gee, Where did she get a big enough closet?"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:14   #119

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
I've talked with a lot of women about the 4000 pairs of shoes Imelda.Funny - none of them ever thought 4000 was too many. Their only concern was:

"Gee, Where did she get a big enough closet?"
So funny!

4,000 pairs does sound rather much. However, if she has a number of places, say like 10, then 400 pairs is not that un reasonable. What I was wondering is how she could remember keep track of so many pairs. I have trouble with only 30 to 40 pairs. When we owned the house, condo and the boat had at least 100 pairs in total! Living on the boat can put a limit on a person.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 00:31   #120

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw58ph View Post
So funny!

4,000 pairs does sound rather much. However, if she has a number of places, say like 10, then 400 pairs is not that un reasonable. What I was wondering is how she could remember keep track of so many pairs. I have trouble with only 30 to 40 pairs. When we owned the house, condo and the boat had at least 100 pairs in total! Living on the boat can put a limit on a person.
Gee - only 100 pair. Yeah - life on a boat surely can suck!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote