Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2013, 07:54   #136

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft
Re: Interior Decorating Your Sailboat ?

Nice looking install and unit! They make full size to replace the Nervercold, Norcold, that has a freezer drawer at the bottom. The Nevercold has been running for 12 years now, so its time to start thinking about having to replace and we are 15 years older so getting down there is not so hard it’s the getting back up! Will replace with what fits the space so the installation is easy. The name of the game is to keep the wife happy!

The back deck freezer quite a couple of years ago, but been thinking about replacing with a 3 way, AC/DC/Propane refrigerator as they are on the stern deck and the propane bottles are right there. Next year I am retiring and we might head north where we will have to anchor as there are few marinas. So having propane refrigerators will reduce the AC/DC demand when anchoring.

rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 17:02   #137

Boat: CT-41

I found the most charming thing that really makes the boat feel like home, is to cover the cabin sole with a thin layer of easily replaceable dog fur.
Vino the Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 17:45   #138

Boat: Bollard Steel 40ft - Lady Kara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino the Dog View Post
I found the most charming thing that really makes the boat feel like home, is to cover the cabin sole with a thin layer of easily replaceable dog fur.
You forgot the bed too. Makes it really homely.
Coachbolt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 21:50   #139

He has the starboard settee. Crew needs to negotiate with him for space.

P.S. Sorry about the crass advertisement showing up on my post. Didn't know I was being hacked by an ad agency, but now did an "opt out".. hopefully that will stop the parasites. Just to even the score, I say BOYCOTT GAP. They are parasites who piggy back their advertisement on other people's posts, so they can sell overpriced garbage made to US greed standards in China. AND, I am not an anti-China guy - my boat was excellently crafted in Taiwan and I know the Chinese can manufacture up to any standard they want, but they are paid by corporations like the Gap, and WalMart to sell junk to Americans.
Old 19-12-2013, 23:52   #140

Its what the Americans want to buy otherwise there would be no market for the products.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 08:44   #141

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

On a cold rainy windy night, my wife and I were snuggled up in our quilts with our e readers, when my wife said it would be nice if we had a fire place for ambiance. We have talk about installing a fake flame electric fire places, but in stead we bought a free standing black stoves. 69 bulks at Harbor Tools. We are amazed how much the light flame actually looks like a real flame and adds just the right ambiance to give that warm cozy feeling. Most of the time just the 40 watt bulb is on. It does have a blower heater with thermostat that puts outs about enough heat to take the chill off, if needed.

We use to read a lot of books in the winter, so I made 8 ft book selves under the starboard salon windows. But with the e reads we do not need as many book selves, so maybe in the spring summer I will build in a fake fire place.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 10:19   #142

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

I have a fireplace app on my iPad. It even has the mesmerizing sounds, guy throws a log on ever twenty minutes or so. It's perfect for a snuggle on a cold winter night.

I also have an aquarium app, diver roaming a reef app, and waves on the beach app. My iPad mount to the bulk head above our vbert for movies and these cool apps.

As soon as my camera is fixed I take a couple pics
Old 15-01-2014, 04:31   #143

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
DeepFrz, Yes, I believe so. Though they come with a flimsy, foam-like tape on the bearing surface (to reduce scratching the stainless steel, the two latches, left and right, firmly and securely snap into place and prevent the drawers from opening. When released and pushed back out of the way, they are completely out of the way. I especially was glad that when rotated out of the way, the door stop on the cabinet side did not come in contact with the adjacent cabinet. It's a very nice piece of engineering.
Both the freezer and the reefer are pretty large. Google it for details.

Nauticomfort by vitrifrigo

Nauticomfort
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 20:40   #144
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw58ph View Post
On a cold rainy windy night, my wife and I were snuggled up in our quilts with our e readers, when my wife said it would be nice if we had a fire place for ambiance.
A similar thought process here led to flameless candles. The better quality flameless candles are made of real paraffin wax, can be scented (or not) and come with variable timers so that they turn off after 4, 5 or 6 hours...and turn back on again automatically 24hrs later if you wish. The ambiance is incredibly realistic...even to the point of guests going to blow the candles out after dinner! The cost is similar to real candles, but of course far less expensive when you consider the batteries (mostly AA's) last for 300hrs 'burn' time.

Perfect for vessels, of course, because they're safe.

They can be a bit of extra fun too. We use our flameless votives for outside Christmas decorations on anchor, leaving other vessels to wonder how we manage to keep them burning in the wind!

Anyway...just a thought. Check them out at...

ENJOY Flameless Candles, Floating Impressions
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 21:58   #145

Not trying to be insulting, but I don't get it?

Fake fireplace, iPad apps, fake candles on REAL cruising boats? I thought all the fake crap was what cruiser were trying to leave behind. I had to build a new salon table just to get rid of the one piece of Formica in the interior of my otherwise all teak interior. Seriously looking forward to getting out of cell phone and wifi range. Did get a Kindle with 800 books on it though. Takes up a lot less space.

Tags
interior, paracelle, sailboat